Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Obnoxious b!***

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 12:59 PM
  • 16 Replies
I have a question for you ladies, because I'm not sure how to handle this. At my place of employment, there is a coworker who has been reprimanded quite a few times because she gossips and talks so much. Non-stop, in fact. When we have to work together on something, we get along ok but there's always this underlying tension because we're so different and not too crazy about each other. She's considerably younger than me. Here's the issue- whenever I do the slightest thing to annoy her, she gossips about it. Example- yesterday, we were coming around the corner at the same time and we bumped into each other. She had to go back into the office and talk about me being a bull in a china shop and I could have hurt her because she's so "tiny." Short maybe, not tiny however. Every time I walk into the room, she stops talking and everybody scatters. Other employees have the same issue with her, but I get the brunt of it. It doesn't really affect the way I do my job, but by the end of the day I want to beat the shit out of her. Do I confront her? Do I tell my boss? Do I ignore it and take out my aggression at the gym? She's worked there 3 years longer than me, but I've already been promoted to a position she wanted just yesterday. I'll still have to work with her and I have no authority over her. Advice?
by on May. 11, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjande4
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 1:02 PM
2 moms liked this

Be the bigger person. Her pettiness will catch up with her eventually.

daisykat
by on May. 11, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Quoting mjande4:

God I hope so. She's such a dipshit, she took a pregnancy test at work last week and set it on the counter by the microwave while she waited for the results. It was negative, but it was a shameless plea for attention. "Me me me! More Me now!" Needless to say, I cleaned up her pee from the counter because everyone else was too grossed out to touch it.
mjande4
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 1:12 PM
2 moms liked this

Eww! Now THAT I would complain about! That violates all sorts of codes.

Quoting daisykat:

Quoting mjande4:

God I hope so. She's such a dipshit, she took a pregnancy test at work last week and set it on the counter by the microwave while she waited for the results. It was negative, but it was a shameless plea for attention. "Me me me! More Me now!" Needless to say, I cleaned up her pee from the counter because everyone else was too grossed out to touch it.

daisykat
by on May. 11, 2013 at 1:41 PM
BUMP
bizzeemom2717
by on May. 11, 2013 at 1:49 PM
I agree with the pp, ignore it and be the better person. A preg test on a work counter? So not professional.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daisykat
by on May. 11, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Quoting bizzeemom2717:

I agree with the pp, ignore it and be the better person. A preg test on a work counter? So not professional.

No kidding. It's like, Hey, don't set your Hot Pocket down there, Kimmie's pee was all over that spot yesterday. Last week she told me her boobs seemed bigger and she thought she was gaining weight. Ok, I said. Then she lifted up her shirt and shoved her double D's in my face to show me how they were spilling out of her bra. Great, I said. Now put your shirt down before someone gets an eye poked out. You wouldn't believe the things she does.
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on May. 11, 2013 at 2:06 PM

When you walk into the room and everyone scatters.... laugh and say "Guess I was the topic of this gossip session, huh?"   

daisykat
by on May. 11, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Quoting boys2men2soon:

When you walk into the room and everyone scatters.... laugh and say "Guess I was the topic of this gossip session, huh?"   

I did that the other day. When I walked into the room and a hush fell over everyone, I said out loud, "Hey! You don't have to stop just because I'm here! I know the subject matter better than anyone!" She just gave me a snarky look and walked out. Sometimes it's SO HARD to be a grownup.
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on May. 11, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Quoting daisykat:

Quoting boys2men2soon:

I did that the other day. When I walked into the room and a hush fell over everyone, I said out loud, "Hey! You don't have to stop just because I'm here! I know the subject matter better than anyone!" She just gave me a snarky look and walked out. Sometimes it's SO HARD to be a grownup.

I know, but the thing is that everyone knows she is an attention seeking gossip.    She is likely more talked about than anyone else.

daisykat
by on May. 11, 2013 at 2:24 PM
'Tis true, she is talked about. She has reportedly slept with 3 of my male coworkers. (there are only 5 total) It's gross. If I got drunk and slept with a coworker, I'd die of embarrassment. Three times? Yikes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN