Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

need advice pleeeassee

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 2:01 AM
  • 17 Replies
I have 2 teen age daughters one 18 and one 17 and I want to physically hurt there boyfriends one is n ex but can't seem to let go, other is a current boyfriend I have heard,seen both my girls cry over this idiots, my youngest is outside talking to him nd crying now. Don't know how to approach and tell them I'm here without them thinking I am butting in. I just don't ever want my kids to hurt and they deserve so much better than these idiots. Any advice is appreciated sorry so long just so frustrated rght now.
by on May. 13, 2013 at 2:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on May. 13, 2013 at 7:29 AM
2 moms liked this
They need to get self esteem and get a good guy that treats them well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fammatthews4
by Trisha on May. 13, 2013 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Sit them down and talk to them.  Tell them you see what's going on with the boyfriends and that you are there for them if they need any advise or just need to talk. IMO that is not butting in.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2013 at 8:28 AM
3 moms liked this

When they walk in the door say "Hey, I'm here if you need to talk", then leave it alone. They're going to have their hearts broke again, it's just a part of life and growing up.

EarlGrayHot
by on May. 13, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Has there been actual physical violence or stalkery behavior?  That would be best left to the police.

GarysWife1991
by on May. 13, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Just let them know you are always there for them to give them love and support.  Breakups are hard but part of life and it will make them stronger as they get older.

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I would take it a little further than these other ladies suggested. I would play the What IF Game. I would ask them how  they would feel or what they would do if you were always fighting or crying over your SO/Husband? . See what their responses are. Then ask then If there is any way or anything you can do to help them with their relationships. Tell them how much you love them.Want them to be happy. And mostly that they can come to you for anything anytime. Hugs momma. Its hard watching our children grow up. I hope none of these tears are more than the usual teen romance drama.

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 13, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I think all the advice you're received so far is great. Most importantly, they need to work on their self esteem so that they realize they deserve to be treated better than this. Good luck, and please update us.

gdiamante
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 11:53 AM

This is a time when you butt in anyway. They may not appreciate it NOW... that's OK. The most important things you can ever do for your kids are the things they don't appreciate at the time but will appreciate later.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on May. 13, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Just walk up and give them a hug.  Hugs tend to start the emotions going witht he girls.

MrsBLB
by on May. 13, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Great advice given, I agree with the othe gals.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN