Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Sahms Of Teens?

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 3:41 PM
  • 44 Replies

Are any of you sahms with teens at home?I am a sahm with my dd 13 and ds 21.

If so...do you ever get questioned why you are still at home?

by on May. 13, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momcat437
by on May. 13, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Only by my husband--which is why I work part time now...

mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 13, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Not a sahm but here's a bump~

SugarrCane
Yesterday at 5:13 PM
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a teen but I also have 2 in elementary school so I am still a sahm.

specialwingz
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 4:11 PM
5 moms liked this

I was a SAHM while my kids were teens.  I get a kick out of people who seem to think just because your kids are teens there is nothing to do!  My house was clean, laundry done, my kids ate homemade meals, I was a marching band mom and we enjoyed weekend family time.  There is no reason to have to feel like you have only 2 days on the weekend to get everything done and still have family time.

I totally enjoyed being able to be involved in my teens' school lives.  And, weekends were actually relaxing because everything was done and we had time for good quality family fun.

Now, my kids are all grown and I am still staying home.  I love having the time to go pick up my granddaughter after school and get her to her equestrian lessons, go to school programs during the day and having time for myself.  I raised kids for 36 years.  Now, it's time for me!  And, that's how DH prefers it, too.  He loves coming home to dinner on the table and the free time to spend together.

atlmom2
by Susie on May. 13, 2013 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I am an empty nester and stay home. Who says I have to work????
I belong to a ladies social group. I volunteer with 2 non profits. I scrapbook every week with a group of ladies. Some weeks I don't have much going on. Other times I am super busy. Most women do not work I know with kids or with grown kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shorty13417
by on May. 13, 2013 at 5:05 PM

i'm a SAHM of a teenaged son whos 17.  i really don't get asked why i stay at home, i'm always asked 'how do i stand being at home all the time and not go anywhere?' and thats from my own sister  :-/   she recently became a SAHM to her youngest son due to health problems she can't work any more

MJP76
by on May. 13, 2013 at 6:46 PM

I have teens and pre-teens. I stay at home. I'm rarely questioned about it but if I am I simply say "because we can afford for me to stay at home.

drfink
by Emily on May. 13, 2013 at 6:47 PM

I am a SAHM of teens .I like doing the volunteer things at school,church ,community and we can afford for me to be a SAHM and my husband doesn't care if I work or not ..that's my decision..Other than on CM I had never seen anyone really care , not talking about you O.P. I sometimes read posts in a couple of the huge groups...oh my they get heated.

In my neighborhood there are a lot of SAHM .

Rust.n.Gears
by on May. 13, 2013 at 6:51 PM

My kids are 4, 8, 11, 15, and 18. No one questions me really because I am open about homeschooling them. It is really obvious why I am a sahm.

Mom2Boys9501
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this
My 2 boys are 17 and 12. I've been a sahm for almost 13 years (13 next month). I don't get the questions but I do get the jealous how dare you have a husband who supports you when I have to work looks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)