Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

If your 12 or 13 year old dd got pregnant would you allow them to keep the baby if the decide to? Or would you suggest adoption or abortion? 

by on May. 13, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Replies (81-87):
momwith2monkeys
by on May. 23, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Quoting jojo_star:

That is the point shorter a 4'10 or 5 ft tall girl at 80 lb isnt as small but 5'5 at 80lb is.
momwith2monkeys
by on May. 23, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Quoting jojo_star:

I am not talking about a rape situation. A rape situation is a whole different ball game.
jojo_star
by on May. 23, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Quoting momwith2monkeys:

Quoting jojo_star:

I am not talking about a rape situation. A rape situation is a whole different ball game.

Exactly, and the majority of the time, when a girl this young is pregnant, it is rape, either statutory or consensual, but most girls that age just have no real idea what sex is. 

momwith2monkeys
by on May. 23, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Quoting jojo_star:

I knew a lot of girls and boy having sex at 10. True they have no clue what they were doing and that is why it is our job as parents to educate them about it. Just as i have been doing with my dd since 10 year old. Rape is different, they had no choice in the matter. But as i said, i knew a girl who had a baby at 12, not due to rape, he little sisters "my friends at the time" were 10 and younger having sex.
jojo_star
by on May. 23, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Quoting momwith2monkeys:

Quoting jojo_star:

I knew a lot of girls and boy having sex at 10. True they have no clue what they were doing and that is why it is our job as parents to educate them about it. Just as i have been doing with my dd since 10 year old. Rape is different, they had no choice in the matter. But as i said, i knew a girl who had a baby at 12, not due to rape, he little sisters "my friends at the time" were 10 and younger having sex.

Then I'm sorry that you hang out with and know parents who allow that to happen. I work in labor and delivery, the overwhelming majority of 12/13 (and sometimes younger) who were there having babies, did not consent to sex, or had had sex with someone significantly older, and at the time had no real idea what was going on. There was also just a study released that children under 15 having sex is at an all time low, less than 5% I believe, or just a tiny bit more, were having sex. 

lucsch
by on May. 23, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Abortion is not an option.

Adopting out my grandchild is also not an option.

Having my 12 or 13 yo pregnant is not an option, either.

MJP76
by on May. 23, 2013 at 1:44 PM

That would never happen in my home, and hasn't. BUT if it did abortion would be the only option.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN