Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Do you give a gift or money?

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 7:24 AM
  • 14 Replies

When you have your teen ride along with a group where the parent drives a group to a sports game/tournament, out of town school event (not a party thing)  Do you offer money for gas?  We do but it has only been accepted one time this year. We have then given a batch of brownies, cookies as a thank you. What do you do to say thanks? Do you offer money or what?   Need some ideas.

by on May. 16, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2013 at 7:29 AM

you could give an visa GC they could buy gas with it. Write a heart felt note about how much help they are saving you. I always sent money it was never taken because I always drove at other times. So we felt it evened out.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on May. 16, 2013 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I have no idea, I'm the one who normally does all that and no one has ever offereed me anything but a thank you.

atlmom2
by Susie on May. 16, 2013 at 8:02 AM
I would not because we would probably trade off. If it happened a lot with no recipocation then I would offer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on May. 16, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Normally we trade off or offer gas money, and the other parents have accepted those things. We have an only child, so we don't need to rely too much on transportation from other parents.

02nana07
by Ida on May. 31, 2013 at 10:30 PM

we always are the ones driving and always have been

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on May. 31, 2013 at 11:00 PM

We were more often the ones driving, and I am never comfortable taking money from others.    I will gladly accept treats!    

mt0130
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 7:49 AM

We give gift cards, if you know a place they like to eat, give one for there, or a place where they get gas for the car. You can just do it at the end of the sports season.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 1, 2013 at 11:38 AM

I don't know, I've always driven to my kids sporting events.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Jun. 2, 2013 at 4:50 AM
We have always been pretty equal with the rides. However if someone goes out of their way I will send treats like brownies or a Starbucks gift card, ect
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Manth
by on Jun. 2, 2013 at 6:20 AM

I don't drive for medical reasons, my DH usually doesn't have the time to drive the kids places and neither of my girls has a licence yet (although they are working on it).  So I usually offer gas money.  I also let the other driver know how much I appreciate their willingness to give my girls a lift - if they can't get a lift or get there by public transport they usually can't go!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)