Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

5/17 Today is...

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 6:20 AM
  • 12 Replies

015a

NATIONAL PACK RAT DAY

National Pack Rat Day is annually celebrated on May 17.  This day encourages us to take a look at ourselves and see if we have “Pack Rat” tendencies within us. A “Pack Rat”  holds on to, collects or hoards (often unneeded) items.

”Pack Rat” can be considered a clever nickname for hoarder.  Pack Rats may develop problems with compulsive hoarding.  There are problems which may arise from compulsive hoarding which include cluttered homes, yards, vehicles and other spaces.  Doing so may become dangerous for themselves as well as others.

So today, take a look around and maybe start cleaning out unwanted and unneeded items.  If you need to, call a friend to come and help you get started.  Once you clean out and clean up,  you will feel good about what you have accomplished!

http://nationaldaycalendar.com/

Are you or is anyone in your family a packrat?

by on May. 17, 2013 at 6:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fammatthews4
by Trisha on May. 17, 2013 at 6:24 AM
I am, but as I've gotten older I've tried to keep it a little more under control LOL
atlmom2
by Susie on May. 17, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Somewhat. Dh keeps every magazine gets, ugh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on May. 17, 2013 at 9:55 AM
My husband is a pack rat!
leighp1
by on May. 17, 2013 at 9:55 AM

I am not a packrat, I am a emotional collector!!  Everything I have means something. LOL - Denial!!!

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 17, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Yes, one of my sisters is.

wakymom
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2013 at 10:17 AM

This is me! Never thought to refer to myself as an emtional collector- I like it : )

Dh is not quite the packrat I am. The kids seem to be taking after me. . .

Quoting leighp1:

I am not a packrat, I am a emotional collector!!  Everything I have means something. LOL - Denial!!!

May is STURGE-WEBER

Awareness Month

Bertieb
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 10:21 AM

I am. My daughter gets rid of more of her stuff than I do. I get sentimental for it but she could care less.

HockeyDanceMom
by on May. 17, 2013 at 10:48 AM

I am

Wife to Jason (07/10/98), Step Mom to Lucas Robert (07/12/96). Mommy to Michael James (03/21/00), Madalyn Rose (02/27/03), Emily Grace (01/07/05), Daniel Joseph (01/04/06) & Christopher Thomas (03/21/11).

drfink
by Emily on May. 17, 2013 at 2:00 PM

yes ...me but I work very hard to let things go.It is actually an effort sometimes.I love love love books...sometimes I will get in a tossing mood,I will put them in a bag or box and take them to a re-sell shop and leave them outside the door even at midnight.I have to take them or I will start looking at them and keep some.The Goodwill place has a all hours drop off giant window /slot /drawer thing.I do the same with other stuff...it has to leave or I might re -think my "NEED" for it

mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 17, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Great way to explain it~

Quoting leighp1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)