Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Teens and Sex

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 5:15 PM
  • 16 Replies

How old were you when you lost your virginity?

Did your parents find out? 

How did they react? 

and

Have your child/children lost their virginity?

How old were they?

How did you find out?

How did you react?

by on May. 17, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on May. 17, 2013 at 5:21 PM
They did not know. Dh and I were each others firsts. Out of HS. He was 18 me 19. My parents did not know. We were adults.
Our 22 yo was 19.
Our 19 yo has the same boyfriend 2 years and is a virgin still.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fammatthews4
by Trisha on May. 17, 2013 at 5:33 PM

I was 19 and it was with DH, I'm sure my parents suspected it once we were engaged if not before.  My kids are 20 and 17 and they are both still virgins.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2013 at 6:15 PM

I was almost 17, and we are still together.

No, I didn't live at home, although I'm sure when I got pregnant at 19, they figured it out.

My oldest is still a virgin and see that being that way possibly for the rest of his life. DD2, DS3, and DD4 were all almost 17. DD4 told me, long story, the others I figured out. 

I didn't really react, other then with DD4, and it wasn't because I felt what she did was wrong, but because of the circumstance.

GarysWife1991
by on May. 18, 2013 at 7:09 AM

I was 14 and my mom didn't find out I was active until I was 15.  My oldest is 16 now and she told me after her and her bf did it the first time.  She was already on bc and they used a condom so I knew they were being safe.  We talked about it and I didn't get upset, I just wanted her to know that I was there for her if she ever had any questions or needed support.

Mamitamaria
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Bump for later when I have more time :-)

MJP76
by on May. 20, 2013 at 5:23 PM

I was 7. I didn't tell anyone for years.

my oldest has lost his virginity, but he is also an adult, and was an adult when he lost it.

my youngest two are almost 16 and almost 11. They are both still virgins, and I plan on them staying that was until adulthood.

YOROSSI
by on May. 20, 2013 at 5:25 PM

BUMP!

drfink
by Emily on May. 20, 2013 at 5:37 PM

18 end of my freshman year in college .Worse decision I have made in my life.We had dated more than a year.Became pregnant in the first month ,he walked away ,his parents and my mother had me locked away in a religious maternity home that ignored that I was an adult .I was not released till after I signed the adoption paperwork after he was born.I was not a druggy etc ...I was on the DeansList Pre-Med when I became pregnant My mother called me every vile name you can think of.Both she and the asshole's parents were terrified what their friends at the country club they belonged to would think...seriously.Call me petty but we joined a different country club and I have never invited my mother.

As my children got into high school I told them and was honest about the heartbreak that is in my life every single day.Personally I think it may have helped them delay having sex because b.c. can fail and no matter what option is chosen teen pregnancy changes everything.We have talked about this.My older two were in college ...one boy and one girl and my younger h.s. teen sons have not.

With my older two I wasn't surprised .My son and his gf had been dating all freshman year.My daughter waited longer into college but I wasn't surprised they started dating towards the end of their senior year in h.s.My husband re-chatted with our son about b.c. and his responsibility and I talked to our daughter.

jojo_star
by on May. 20, 2013 at 6:45 PM

I was 12, my parents found out when they found out I was pregnant. They reacted as well as could be expected given the situation.

My oldest is the only child to have lost his virginity, he was 16, I found out because he told us, I just told him to be smart about it and to always come to Dh or I with anything. 

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 9:04 PM

I was week away from my 19th bday. If they found out they never let on. My sons were 18 and almost 18. I knew because we talked about it before hand . I was OK with it. They knew what they were doing. They knew what could happen. They understood the risks involved. They also respected and loved the girls they were with. My sons dated these same girls for years. Oldest son almost 3 years(dating 1.5 years before they became sexually active). younger son almost 8 years(dating almost 3 years).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)