Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Getting a handle on the flip answers from a 13 yr old......

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 11:35 PM
  • 7 Replies

My daughter just turned 13 in April.  Perpetual attitude and everything is a flip response.  It's almost like she can't even control it.  She hasn't had her phone in 3 months and I take her ipod everytime she rolls her eyes or talks to me like I'm 13.  She pushes my buttons and sends me THERE....but when she doesn't have her attitude, she is her lovable funny self.  And that is the girl I miss.  Any suggestions??  Has anything worked for any of you?

by on May. 17, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
BelleVernonGirl
by Member on May. 18, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this

It's only the beginning...GOOD LUCK!

suesues
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2013 at 8:56 AM

join the club

babie113
by on May. 18, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Get used to it. It gets worse .teen girls are the worst.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BPiccini
by Member on May. 18, 2013 at 9:37 AM
3 moms liked this

My suggestion is to be patient until the aliens return her in a few years lol. And pick your battles! I have a 13y/o also. Good luck!

GleekingOut
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Everytime she opens her mouth and you can see she's about to be disrespectful - tell her to stop. Do not allow her to speak. Send her away everytime she does manage to sneak a remark in, give her a chore, like cleaning the toilet. Or make her do 10 push-ups for every bit of disrespect.
MrsBLB
by Missi on May. 18, 2013 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

This.

Quoting GleekingOut:

Everytime she opens her mouth and you can see she's about to be disrespectful - tell her to stop. Do not allow her to speak. Send her away everytime she does manage to sneak a remark in, give her a chore, like cleaning the toilet. Or make her do 10 push-ups for every bit of disrespect.

02nana07
by Ida on May. 31, 2013 at 10:18 PM

The more you allow it the worse it will get so stop it now before it is to late.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)