Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

5/18 Today is...

Posted by on May. 18, 2013 at 7:16 AM
  • 13 Replies

Visit Your Relatives Day

When: Always on May 18th

Visit Your Relatives Day encourages us to visit our relatives and loved ones. This day is intended to give us the opportunity to get closer to our relatives, and to build (or re-build) family ties and relationships.

It's easy to get out of touch with loved ones. We lead busy lives. A visit with the relative, is sometimes relegated to Christmas and a few other choice major holidays.  

If you can not visit your relatives today, we suggest you call them and/or send them a card. Both snail mail and online cards will do.

Important Note: If you don't get to visit your mother-in-law today, you will have another chance on Mother-In-Law Day.

http://www.holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/May/visitrelativesday.htm

Are you planning to visit any relatives today?

by on May. 18, 2013 at 7:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on May. 18, 2013 at 8:06 AM
All our relatives live 5 hours or more away, so no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on May. 18, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I'm supposed to get together with my mom sometime this weekend, but not sure if it'll be today or tomorrow.

wakymom
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2013 at 11:44 AM

No, but will hopefully see my sister and her family next weekend : )

May is STURGE-WEBER

Awareness Month

PurpleHazey
by on May. 18, 2013 at 12:23 PM

I will pass on that

drfink
by Emily on May. 18, 2013 at 1:23 PM

no ,last weekend between my nieces college graduation and celebrations and mothers day ,then the weekend before sorting my mil stuff for keeping or giving with my husband's brothers and families I'm kinda ready for a relative free weekend...but I'm going to see Gatsby with my daughter ,sis and niece one night this week.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on May. 18, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I will probably see my Mom. 

HockeyDanceMom
by on May. 18, 2013 at 2:53 PM

We visited my grandmother this morning

Wife to Jason (07/10/98), Step Mom to Lucas Robert (07/12/96). Mommy to Michael James (03/21/00), Madalyn Rose (02/27/03), Emily Grace (01/07/05), Daniel Joseph (01/04/06) & Christopher Thomas (03/21/11).

natural_s
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2013 at 3:30 PM

No, our family lives like 17hrs away by car but we chatted yesterday with my father in law and my husband spoke to his mom this morning. Did not even know that day existed, lol but will keep it in mind for next year.

21lisa72
by Member on May. 18, 2013 at 3:43 PM
I had planned on going to my grandmas but I have had this weird stomach virus since yesterday with a headache don't want to get her sick. Praying tomorrow will be better so I can go to church than go see her!
shorty13417
by on May. 18, 2013 at 4:10 PM

nope

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)