Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Camping trip

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 6:42 AM
  • 29 Replies

My DD wants to go on a camping trip with her friends she is 16 I don't believe their is going to be supervision would you allow it? 

by on May. 19, 2013 at 6:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GleekingOut
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 6:43 AM

Uh No. Because just listening to my DD's friends there was beer, sex and a lot of other crap that went on at parties that had no adults there. Maybe if there were no boys and they were going to a actual camping ground, but otherwise No. So many things can happen it's not funny

ginamom512
by on May. 19, 2013 at 7:45 AM

I never said there were going to be boys there. 

Quoting GleekingOut:

Uh No. Because just listening to my DD's friends there was beer, sex and a lot of other crap that went on at parties that had no adults there. Maybe if there were no boys and they were going to a actual camping ground, but otherwise No. So many things can happen it's not funny

atlmom2
by Susie on May. 19, 2013 at 7:52 AM
Hell no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cindy18
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Nope. If there is trouble, you are responsible for your kid. 

OK, the question that just popped into my head was, where are they camping and who is going?

GleekingOut
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 8:21 AM

You never said there wasn't either.

Edit: So not trying to be a bitch.

Quoting ginamom512:

Quoting GleekingOut:

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on May. 19, 2013 at 8:38 AM

No supervision, then no.  Not at that age.

ginamom512
by on May. 19, 2013 at 8:39 AM

it is 3 of her girlfriends that she goes to school with that also attend her church. 

Quoting GleekingOut:

You never said there wasn't either.

Edit: So not trying to be a bitch.

Quoting ginamom512:

Quoting GleekingOut:

HockeyDanceMom
by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Nope, I wouldn't

Wife to Jason (07/10/98), Step Mom to Lucas Robert (07/12/96). Mommy to Michael James (03/21/00), Madalyn Rose (02/27/03), Emily Grace (01/07/05), Daniel Joseph (01/04/06) & Christopher Thomas (03/21/11).

Manth
by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:47 AM

My daughters have been on unsupervised camping trips before - once through Scouts (it was a Learning Camp for a young leader, there was a group of adults camping near them but the kids all 14 years and younger looked after themselves for the 2 days of the camp) and a few times with friends.  My girls are very sensible and responsible and I know the friends are also pretty sensible and responsible so I had no qualms about letting them go.  They were camping on the property (a farm) owned by one set of parents so there were adults to 'go to' pretty easily if anything went wrong.

You know your daughter and the kids she plans on camping with - look at them realistically and decide whether or not you would trust them to be responsible without adults there.  Then you can make an informed decision.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Yes, sorda, I went down to the river and checked on them often.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)