Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

cap and gown

Posted by on May. 21, 2013 at 7:31 AM
  • 14 Replies

next Saturday is the big day my dau brought home gown but has lost 20 lbs its so big should i take it in I thought it was 1 size fits all and they just went by height she hates it i told her its just for a few hours but she looks big in it?

by on May. 21, 2013 at 7:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tammeee3
by Member on May. 21, 2013 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this
My soon graduates next month picking up his cap and gown today.. i know they went by height not sure size.. but i would try and take it in for her ..my 16yr old dd would feel the same ..it isn't a big deal but if it makes her feel better for graduation..why not?
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on May. 21, 2013 at 9:53 AM

You may be able to trade it in for a smaller size.......   All of the gowns are big, in my opinion. 

atlmom2
by Susie on May. 21, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Ours were one size fits all except height. They are always huge. My dd is 90 lbs and 4 ft 10 so it was big. No big deal as long as the length is fine. They are supposed to be large and not fit well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fammatthews4
by Trisha on May. 21, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Here they went by height only as well and my DD pretty much swims in hers. She's ok with it though so we will just leave it
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on May. 21, 2013 at 11:56 AM

I wouldn't worry about it too much.  My kid's school goes by height and that's it.

vlynn.iowa
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2013 at 12:01 PM

If you purchased it take it in a little, if you are renting it use safety pins to make it a little smaller.  Good for her with the weight loss!!

MansfieldMama
by on May. 21, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Congratulations to your daughter!  I teach high school, and here the gowns are measured by height only.  All of the small students are swallowed by the gowns, but they don't care; they're so happy to be graduating! :)

woodswalker
by Member on May. 21, 2013 at 3:55 PM

They dont wear those things for long anyway.  I wouldnt bother taking it in.  But thats me.  If I were going to take it in, I'd bring it to a tailor because Im clueless.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 21, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Our dd's order form for gowns went by height.

I thought everyone looked like they were swimming in the gowns at her graduation.

PurpleHazey
by on May. 21, 2013 at 9:26 PM

I would see it some one elses is to small

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)