Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

So proud of my teen

Posted by on May. 23, 2013 at 6:35 AM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this
So, my 14 yo, 10 yo and 7 yo went for a bike ride today (my other 10yo and 11 yo started home to play with friends) and after they had been gone about a 1/2 hour my 14 yo called dh on his phone but wanted to talk to me. He said he tried my phone 3 times yet it never rang. He told me they had stopped so my 10 yo son could tie his shoe. While waiting they saw 2 kids run out of a house in clown masks. He tells me I think I saw,a robbery. I tell them to wait and I will be right there since I didn't want them alone in case they came back. On my way I called 911. While we were waiting for the cops one of them came back but saw me and took off running again. Dh and my son went to talk to the neighbors and make sure it wasn't just kids goofing off..Turns out the people had lost the house in foreclosure but all their stuff is still in it. They hadn't been there in over a month.The police checked the doors they were all locked, but did find a kicked in basement window. One of the cops had taken off to see if he could find them. As we were talking to the other 2 they got called out because they found them. They told us to wait and they would be back. After about almost an hour they came and said they caught one of them. They know who the other one is and have been looking for him for a month in relation to a missing 15 yo girl (they know she's still alive but still cannot find her he's helping to hide her). The one they caught claims he was getting his stuff out because he used to stay there. But, if he has anything that doesn't belong to him itbwill be considered a robbery not just a b&e and trespassing. They did arrest him though hoping to find the 15 yo run away, the other buy and the missing property. The woman who used to own the house said "at least there are still some good people left in the world and some good moms who know how to raise children and teach them to do the right thing" I am so proud to be raising such great kids.
by on May. 23, 2013 at 6:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jthompson1976
by on May. 23, 2013 at 7:21 AM
Good job.
wakymom
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Good job, Mom!

May is STURGE-WEBER

Awareness Month

big.city.mama
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Great job but that was a very dangerous thing to do
fammatthews4
by Trisha on May. 23, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Good job

MansfieldMama
by on May. 23, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Great!

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on May. 23, 2013 at 9:59 AM

You should be proud momma. Not sure how many kids would have noticed it, most might have thought it was just kids goofing around.

debbiekc1975
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 10:09 AM
what was? Me going over there? The kids were on bikes and I didn't want them being on their own with those kids running around. I was worried that they would come after them if they knew they had been seen. I brought dh with me so we weren't alone. Also we only had been there about a minute before the police arrived. I was worried about the kids being alone.

Quoting big.city.mama:

Great job but that was a very dangerous thing to do
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on May. 23, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Good Job!  You've raised a responsible 14 year old!!   

Did your kids wait in front of the house for you to get there?    I would tell them that if something like that ever happens again...  to ride home or to a public area, like a park or a store.....in case the alledged robbers come back.

debbiekc1975
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Thank you. Yeah they waited by the house for us to get there. It was about 4 blocks away near a busy street. In our small town that is,about as public as you can get. It was right behind a store. I could get to them faster than they could get to me.

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Good Job!  You've raised a responsible 14 year old!!   

Did your kids wait in front of the house for you to get there?    I would tell them that if something like that ever happens again...  to ride home or to a public area, like a park or a store.....in case the alledged robbers come back.

mimimom139
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:14 AM
1 mom liked this

A big thumbs up to your child and another thumbs up to you & your hubby for raising such a great kid!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)