Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Senioritis and beyond

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:40 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hello,

I need help from moms with teens/college students. Mine is a joy to be around--most everyone else. 

With me she resists most any basic rule. And, I am exhausted and exasperated.

She just graduated so she only has the summer left at home (today being the first day). 

And, arguments have ensued already.

She could go live with dad out-of-state, but has implored me to stay here to be  w/ friends. work, etc.

That would be fine, however, basic parent/teen boundaries have been tried and worn out.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sandy182

by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on May. 24, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this

More info would be helpful.   What are the arguments about?

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Yep, more info.

drfink
by Emily on May. 24, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Quoting boys2men2soon:

More info would be helpful.   What are the arguments about?

agree

jojo_star
by on May. 25, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Agreed, more info.

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2013 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

huge hugs. It's pretty normal. Not saying its OK but any kids go through it. With my oldest I felt I was crying every day either out of frustration or thought of missing him when he left. It was a very trying emotional summer.We did sit him down go over the rules, listen to why he felt they should change and actually made a few changes. Our biggest thing was be respectful of us and our home. Call by 10 pm.if you are going to be late or stay at a friends. At this stage you need to let go more . In 2 or 3 short months they will not be checking in or following your everyday rules. So summer is like a test drive to the real thing.

Janeite
by on May. 27, 2013 at 12:06 PM

My oldest stepson just graduated on Saturday and had his first blowout with his mom and stepdad last night.  We had a much smaller issue with him the prior weekend where he decided he didn't want to do any of the things we'd planned and ended up changing a lot of our plans so we could spend time with him. It's going to be a tough transition for us all.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on May. 27, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Yep, bump agree.

Quoting jojo_star:

Agreed, more info.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
02nana07
by Ida on May. 28, 2013 at 10:57 PM

If she gets into arguments and backtalks maybe she should go stay with dad I wouldn't allow disrespect 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)