Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

16 year old daughter moves in with grandparent

Posted by on May. 26, 2013 at 2:59 PM
  • 8 Replies

I need to get advice from some one that has a 16 year old who know it all gets mad and leaves in the middles of the night goes to grandparents will not return home and grandparents will not make her but helps her to take clothing out of house when we leave home,

should i call police or should i just let her stay until she get tried of them or they bring her back home.

sabrina

by on May. 26, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Retrokitty
by Member on May. 26, 2013 at 3:03 PM
I was that teen an I was pretty good I just clashed with my mom. She 16 I would let Her stay. I realized pretty quick my nana wasn't as fun when I was living with her.
What did she get mad over?
red1996
by on May. 26, 2013 at 3:09 PM

she hurt her self at school called me i told her to go to nurse she said she was ok but when she got home that evening she was hurting and i would not take her to hospital/clinic told her to take a hot bath she would be alright and we had words,

When i went to look for her she had left the house i went to parent she was there, i had words with her and my mother and now it is a big family mess and she will not come home.

GleekingOut
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2013 at 7:30 PM
She's 16. Depending on what state your in she legally can leave. But you CAN call the police on your parents and DD breaking in - but I wouldn't go that way.
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on May. 26, 2013 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I would be pissed.... at my kid and my parents!!     I would tell the Grandparents, that  they overstepped Big Time.    If they think they can raise her better, than they can buy her new clothes and stay out of your house... because next time, you will call the police and charge them with breaking and entering.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on May. 26, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Why did you refuse to take her to the hospital/clinic?  Did she go to grandparents so that she could get the medical help she thought she needed?  I honestly thinkyou need to sit down with DD and grandparents explain your postition and ask your DD to come back home.

02nana07
by Ida on May. 26, 2013 at 9:13 PM
2 moms liked this

I would never refuse my child medical treatment if they felt they needed it so I can see why she left and why your parents took her in sorry I am no help.

DropZoneMom
by on May. 26, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Call the police.   She is a minor, and you are the custodial parent.   Her grandparents are ASSHOLES for taking her in against your wishes.

seashore29
by on May. 27, 2013 at 2:47 AM

You are the parent.Grandparents need to be the grandparents not the parents.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)