Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What creative ways have you come up with to keep this?

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:54 AM
  • 23 Replies

I am the mom of one 19 year old. I have pictures and school work from the time he was 3 and in preschool. I have a plastic container full of it as well as trophies from sports teams etc. Any one have any ideas of how to creatively keep some of it and not all of it. I hate to throw it out but it just seems like all it does is sit in the bin and I look at it and say "I need to do something with this someday!" I can't imagine how much stuff you moms with more than one child must have! Any ideas would be appreciated.

by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on May. 31, 2013 at 8:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Scrapbooks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckysevenwow
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:15 AM

I learned early on to just throw most of it out. 

I have a filliing cabinet, and each child has one manilla folder. I keep report cards, and some bigger projects, and in the bottom drawer I have caps and gowns, medals etc.. but that's it. 

atlmom2
by Susie on May. 31, 2013 at 9:23 AM
I agree. Purge. My mom saved way too much crap. When she gave it all to me, I threw 3/4 away. I know she would be disappointed but too bad.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

I have a filliing cabinet, and each child has one manilla folder. I keep report cards, and some bigger projects, and in the bottom drawer I have caps and gowns, medals etc.. but that's it. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rust.n.Gears
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I have 5 kids and it is about knowing what to keep. I do scrapbooks for the kids. Big pieces get photographed and then the photos are put into the books. Medals and badges can be attached in so those are saved. Scrapbooking gets a bad rap at times but there are so many ways of doing it and they can come out really great. All my kids love theirs.

luckysevenwow
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:27 AM

I started out keeping everything, but I was ending up with bins of stuff. Then I realized that was only for the four older ones and there are 8 of them. I'd need a storage facility lol

Quoting atlmom2:

I agree. Purge. My mom saved way too much crap. When she gave it all to me, I threw 3/4 away. I know she would be disappointed but too bad.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

atlmom2
by Susie on May. 31, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Scrapbooking is my hobby for trips as well as family photos. I made my girls 3 huge ones for hs. Mostly pictures. Took me more than a year to do 6 books. I am fairly fancy with papers, mats, and stickers.

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

I have 5 kids and it is about knowing what to keep. I do scrapbooks for the kids. Big pieces get photographed and then the photos are put into the books. Medals and badges can be attached in so those are saved. Scrapbooking gets a bad rap at times but there are so many ways of doing it and they can come out really great. All my kids love theirs.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rust.n.Gears
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:38 AM

I have a crop on Saturday and then one on Monday. I am doing a retreat in a bit. I am a goth/alternative mom so many people get surprised I scrapbook. I have found so much that is my style though and I love it. I have made over a hundred albums in the past 10 years. Everyone loves them. 

Quoting atlmom2:

Scrapbooking is my hobby for trips as well as family photos. I made my girls 3 huge ones for hs. Mostly pictures. Took me more than a year to do 6 books. I am fairly fancy with papers, mats, and stickers.

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

atlmom2
by Susie on May. 31, 2013 at 9:52 AM
I attended a 12 hour crop a month ago. Started and finished dh's Israel album.

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

I have a crop on Saturday and then one on Monday. I am doing a retreat in a bit. I am a goth/alternative mom so many people get surprised I scrapbook. I have found so much that is my style though and I love it. I have made over a hundred albums in the past 10 years. Everyone loves them. 

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rust.n.Gears
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I like the retreats because they go the whole weekend and I have been known to get several albums done in that time. We are given a banquet room that is open the whole time we are there. With my insomnia it really helps.  

Quoting atlmom2:

I attended a 12 hour crop a month ago. Started and finished dh's Israel album.

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

PurpleHazey
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Make a scrap book

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)