Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Teens: Get Advice Here!

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 12:37 PM
  • 23 Replies
12 moms liked this
Any mom who's done it will tell you: It's tough raising teens! And who better to offer advice on getting through the teen years than moms who've been there?!

We've selected the BEST answers to your most pressing teen questions, gathered from the experiences and opinions of moms like you. Find them right here!

TEEN SOCIAL LIFE

Teens & Parties:

Teens & Dating:

Teens & Friends:

Teens & Social Skills:

TEEN HEALTH & SAFETY 

Doctor Visits & Illnesses:

Teen Diet & Body Image:

Teen Emotional Health:

Teens & Sex: 

Teen Drinking, Drugs, & Smoking: 

Teens & Sleep:

TEEN ACTIVITIES

Teens & Driving: 

Teens & Work: 

Holidays & Traditions with Teens: 

Teen Extracurricular Activities: 

TEENS & FAMILY LIFE

Relating to your Teen:

TEEN BEHAVIOR

Teen Discipline:

Teen Appearance & Attire: 

TEENS & EDUCATION

Teens & School: 

Teen College Prep:

TEENS & TECHNOLOGY

Teens and Computers, Email, & Social Sites: 

Teens & Cell Phones:

Find more advice from moms, for moms here: 

by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sat3409
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this

ok i undestand all that but it is very hard to do. where i live there is no help the police dont help or care i have no programs and cant afford to pay to send him to one, which he would not go anyway on his own. i have tryed talking to him about going to rehab or consueling but he says he does not need it ( offcourse right ) so the thing is i cant put myself to letting the county take over him thats what the police say to do, but i dont see how that will help him.

trish2634
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 11:01 AM
I don't know your situation but it sounds soo similar to mine I just wanted to say I feel your pain try going through this while having lupus not good I will pray for you
carenp
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:20 PM
2 moms liked this

I would love to chat with someone who can relate to what I am going through.

Divorced mom of 16 year old boy who is generally a great human being, but very defiant and rude to me. He doesn't see it that way. He think we are just talking and I should hear him out. I feel small, ungrounded and he gets the best of me. He has a way of breaking me so I will say yes to anything. I am generally a strong woman. I run my own company and have been through a lot in my life.

I just feel so alone in this area.

Anyone who can relate??

~Caren 

marronabeillee
by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Thank you for your kind greeting. My Claire went from little girl 12 to young woman 13! I am looking forward to sharing with other moms.

mom-0f-3
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 10:07 AM

Both my 2 oldest are teens now and boy, I must say that in a way a Big part of me is not liking it. Dont get me wrong I am proud of who my children become but I wish they could go back to being little. It was so much easier.  My 16 yr old thinks now that hes the age he is, hes ready to get a job, get his own place get his license and sleep with a girl.  Like, Whoa.  Im not ready for him to do all that. Am I just overprotective?  My daughter will be 15 in 2 weeks and shes become so outspken that sometimes it gets her into trouble. And fights occur in the family. I know she means well but how do I get her to turn it down a notch?

CherylSue
by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 9:54 AM

I have not seen any posts on here since 2013?

CherylSue
by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 9:56 AM

Quoting mom-0f-3:

Both my 2 oldest are teens now and boy, I must say that in a way a Big part of me is not liking it. Dont get me wrong I am proud of who my children become but I wish they could go back to being little. It was so much easier.  My 16 yr old thinks now that hes the age he is, hes ready to get a job, get his own place get his license and sleep with a girl.  Like, Whoa.  Im not ready for him to do all that. Am I just overprotective?  My daughter will be 15 in 2 weeks and shes become so outspken that sometimes it gets her into trouble. And fights occur in the family. I know she means well but how do I get her to turn it down a notch?

CherylSue
by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 10:03 AM

I have 16yr old son who wants to be heard out to argue his point most of the time He seems to think he rules the house. I am remarried so this is very hard for me due to husband and son not getting along to well. My daughter will be 15 tomorrow I have found out she has had sex with her boyfriend, she seems to have a food addiction and both kids seem to think they are at the holiday Inn.  Why should things have to be such a struggle with teenagers. I am totally feeling you. Please by all means if you are wanting to talk feel free to hit me up. Us moms need all the support we can get!!!

adrianna31
by on Feb. 14, 2015 at 10:05 PM
How do I deal with a teen that likes to start drama with grown-up and lies all the time?
greeneyes1201
by New Member on Sep. 3, 2015 at 7:38 AM

What should you do when your teen don't respect you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)