Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Teens: Get Advice Here!

Any mom who's done it will tell you: It's tough raising teens! And who better to offer advice on getting through the teen years than moms who've been there?!

We've selected the BEST answers to your most pressing teen questions, gathered from the experiences and opinions of moms like you. Find them right here!

TEEN SOCIAL LIFE

Teens & Parties:

Teens & Dating:

Teens & Friends:

Teens & Social Skills:

TEEN HEALTH & SAFETY 

Doctor Visits & Illnesses:

Teen Diet & Body Image:

Teen Emotional Health:

Teens & Sex: 

Teen Drinking, Drugs, & Smoking: 

Teens & Sleep:

TEEN ACTIVITIES

Teens & Driving: 

Teens & Work: 

Holidays & Traditions with Teens: 

Teen Extracurricular Activities: 

TEENS & FAMILY LIFE

Relating to your Teen:

TEEN BEHAVIOR

Teen Discipline:

Teen Appearance & Attire: 

TEENS & EDUCATION

Teens & School: 

Teen College Prep:

TEENS & TECHNOLOGY

Teens and Computers, Email, & Social Sites: 

Teens & Cell Phones:

Find more advice from moms, for moms here: 

by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Replies (21-23):
SarahWiz33
by New Member on Jul. 5, 2017 at 4:51 AM

Be aware that kids could buy fake id online

It's ok sometimes

Iyamail
by New Member on Jul. 20, 2017 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I feel a need to extend my message to teens. My late teen years and early YA life was characterised by so many errors. If I do not do something to eradicate the thoughts of regret that arise when I think of my past then my mistakes defeat me. I need to help other teens to avoid the pitfalls that I wholeheartedly and ignorantly jumped into. I have learnt a lot from experiences and further research on what I now know is the right way to make choices. Any ideas on how to reach teenagers with advice?

Shree1990
by on Aug. 25, 2017 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Teenage is the time when most techniques will fail. What always works though is total acceptance and free communication. It is better to know what they are up to then drive them away by forcing them to change. This is when we actually become individuals and being an individual is all about mistakes. The important thing that teenagers experience is the isolation. I mean come on, what the real world looks like and what home is like is two very different things.So this is the first time all their values get challenged and since they realise that they have to leave the nest, they just try to make some friends. So remind them that the nest is open for them no matter what. They won't feel so much at a contradiction then. Sharing your mistakes of the teenage years will allow the kids to see that nothing is new here, everyone goes through this phase and they will too. Shouting and yelling will further isolate them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)