Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

16 yr old defiant, truant and drug use

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 2:46 PM
  • 12 Replies

Help, all my son wants to do is drugs. He failed every class this last sememster, and for the last month comes and goes as he pleases. Has any one used Total Transformation CD's/DVD's? I am afraid sending him away will only introduce him to more bad influences.

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 12, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Has he had counseling? Rehab??? I would keep him home or is he doing drugs at home too?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
huntersmom1007
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Do they have a scared straight program in your city?

leannmaried
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Thanks for responding, my psychologist  suggests that as long as we stay in iour disfunctional family situation he will never change. I looked into boarding school but know my husband will never agree to spending the money.

He has been in counseling long before any of this started,  no rehab. My older son went to rehab and it only introduced him to more drug connections.

As for doing drugs at home we don't find it anymore, but he has confided that he wants to try harder drugs.Thinking naively that he will only do it once. The changes he has made in the last couple of months i don't think he could get scared straight, but i will look into it.

chattycassie
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:28 PM

My town offers a "boot camp" experience for 24-48 ours for teens that are having issues. I found out about ours though our local police department. Maybe some tough love will help? Good luck momma

gdiamante
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I wouldn't bother with the CDs or DVDs. If you can't control him to go to school, then how the heck do you expect him to sit down for this program?

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Inpatient drug and alcohol treatment specializing in adolescents...asap

PurpleHazey
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:20 AM

Quoting huntersmom1007:

Do they have a scared straight program in your city?

That is a great program for teens

cjsix
by Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:35 AM

Look into Youth Reach....it's a program in Houston,Texas and they take kids from all over the country. Sounds like a really good program and might help. http://www.youth-reach.org/home.html

ccleri56
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:23 AM

get him in rehab now. even if he has to be court ordered. we went through the same thing with our son. he ended up commiting suicide when he was 33. it will not get any better unless he gets help

Monsita
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Quoting ccleri56:

get him in rehab now. even if he has to be court ordered. we went through the same thing with our son. he ended up commiting suicide when he was 33. it will not get any better unless he gets help

im sorryhugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)