Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Cell Phones....a rant.

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:49 PM
  • 9 Replies

I have a 14 year old step son that i recently got custody of due to his mom being neglectful etc etc. He is a great kid and I love him like my own, he respects me and even calls me mom and has lost respect for his own mother after everything she has put him through...which i dont fight...ANYWAYS...

Just venting because I am also about 34 weeks pregnant...I want to take his cell phone and just smash it to pieces.....I have blocked internet and stuff from it but sometimes I wish I had blocked texting too.....he texts his gf a million times a day its getting annoying, I have had to set boundries...no cell at the tables etc.. 

Anyways just venting. Thanks. 

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
CampClan
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:03 PM
I know exactly how you feel! Phones are banned at our dinner table when we are all eating together. They are also banned at the grandparents' houses unless they are there without mom or dad & it's one of us texting or calling for some reason.
CampClan
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Oh & 13yo DD has hers banned after 9pm on a school night. 17yo DS I have not banned at night because he is on the soccer team & needs it to get ahold of me in an emergency or to let me know he is on his way home from a game.
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:20 AM
Pick your battles, if he's doing what needs to be done, let it go.

However, name sure that common courtesy of being used: no phone at the table, put away during family time.
JerrysMom2011
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Yea I Do pick my battles which is the reason for the vent...lol. in one day they sent 3,000 messages.......at least I don't get lip from him when I make him put it away for various reasons.
Barabell
by Barbara on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Oh, wow, that's a lot of texting. My son doesn't text that much, and we have unlimited texting. He's about your SS's age too.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Lol.....  Been there, done that!   My son can text with his phone in his pocket.

huntersmom1007
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:46 PM

I think you can call your cell phone provider and take texting off his plan and I think there is a way that texts won't be able to come in/out from that certain phone.  My mother said she does this to her phones since she never texts.  this can be an alternative punishment if he can't respect the no texting times.

chattycassie
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Teens can be cell phones hounds. My daughter doesn't seem to put it down EVER. I have rules about no phones electronics at the table and during family time. As long as her chores are done and grades are up those are her only restrictions.

Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I have two teens with cells (13 & 15),  My oldest isn't as bad with the texting but my 13 yr old can get carried away.  It may be because this is her first cell phone too (she has had it about 5 months).  Like other PPs we have clear cut rules: No phones at the dinner table, no phones during family time or outings, phones are put on charge in the kitchen @ 9pm on school nights, etc.  As far as the number of texts they are able to rack up during a day I think one things that comes in to play is the fact that they send a lot of short texts. There are times I too want to throw the thing out the window.  I tell my younger DD that I think I see the top of her head more than her face most days lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN