Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Apparently my DD thinks she will be living with her aunt before she turns 18! ETA

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:00 PM
  • 18 Replies
DD is only 13- will be 14 in September. Going into 8th grade. Which means she will turn 18 the year she starts 12th grade.

The way this all came about is she was on kik with a friend talking about getting a tattoo before she turns 18 & how her dad & aunt will take her to get it (dad & I are divorced & he has not seen the kids in a week & that was only after their last day of school for 5 hours. She has not seen his sister in a year!). The friend said "Don't ya need your mom's approval since she has custody?" And DD said by then she will be living with her aunt & almost 18!

I'd like to know where she got that idea from?! The aunt & I are not on good terms! Why would I let my DD go live with someone who is unstable, talks a bunch of BS, has a temper issue, & can't decide if she wants to marry her BF of 5 years because he refuses to let her bring her dogs (5 miniature shelties) into HIS home (he bought the house 15yrs ago)?!

ETA I am not opposed to a great tattoo! I'm almost 38 & have not had the money for one but would love to get one some day! I just thought it was funny & a shock she thinks she will be living with her aunt.
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gdiamante
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Teenagers are good at growing their own ideas all on their own with no assistance from anyone. Stand tough. I don't htink a reputable artist would touch anyone under 18 anyway.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:17 AM
Kids come up with would ideas all the time, but that doesn't mean it will happen. There's a lot that can happen between now and then.
bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:36 AM
You have A LOT of time before then. May have just been wishful thinking at the moment. Pretty typical for teens to think out loud like that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Maybe she thinks she can just pack her stuff and leave before then and you won't/can't say anything?

Barabell
by Barbara on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Kids that age do come up with ideas like that on their own, probably through daydreaming. It's still a ways off. I'd let it go unless you hear her bring it up again. 

chattycassie
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Kids say crap all the time not really meaning it. They think it up and go with it. :( I would not worry too much.

02nana07
by Ida on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Plenty of time for her to change her mind so for now I would consider it a non issue

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:29 AM

In her 13 yr old mind, her Aunt is 'cool'!     I have older siblings and when I was 13-14, fantasized about moving in with my older sister because she was so cool... she treated me like an adult and let me do whatever I wanted, or so I thought!

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Yep, I agree with this.

Quoting 02nana07:

Plenty of time for her to change her mind so for now I would consider it a non issue

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:42 AM
True

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

You have A LOT of time before then. May have just been wishful thinking at the moment. Pretty typical for teens to think out loud like that

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)