Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

my teen son

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 3:15 PM
  • 23 Replies
My oldest just turned teenager this year ahhhhhhhh. attitude, anger, on iPod talking to friends all the time. is it normal?
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 13, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Welcome!!!

Come join me at The Duggars Debate, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

TranquilMind
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Yes.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 4:10 PM

To some degree yes.

Welcome!

pokey-pwa
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, yes it is :)  Of course, if you want to make rules about things like the ipod and such, best to do it now....and obviously if his anger is out of control you should do something.  But, welcome to the teen years...lol

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jun. 13, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Yes!   Welcome to the group.

PurpleHazey
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:28 AM

Sure is.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:58 AM
Yep pretty much. Welcome to the group.
bcauseimthemom
by Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 7:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, it is normal but if he begins to get an attitude with you, I would be taking away the Ipod along with his other privileges until he can be respectful and do what he needs to.....

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 7:32 AM
1 mom liked this

No we dont accept attitude , anger or being that connected to electronics. When the mouth opened and attitude came out they were sent to their room. They were told when you can apologize and speak respectfully please join us. My kids don't show or have a lot of anger. Maybe when they didn't like a rule or being told no. We explained why we said no and then dropped it. There were times when after a conversation we changed our No to Yes. My kids didn't have ipods. They had a desktop computer the family shared. They were only allowed on is after, dinner, homework and chores were done. Then all electronics were shut off by 9:30 on school nights.

CTBmom
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:20 AM
2 moms liked this
Yes, it is normal...but need to nip it in the bud. With my son, when he first started getting an attitude with me, I'd take away his X Box. Now that he's older and has a gf, if he gets an attitude, I take away his phone. It's kind of like you have to figure out what means the most to them, and use that to keep them under control, lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN