Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Get out of bed!

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 1:44 PM
  • 26 Replies

Dear Daughter,

I realize it's summer and you don't have a schedule to follow, but that doesn't mean it's ok to sleep in until noon and stay up all night.

Get up, work on a puzzle, read a book, go to the pool.... do something besides lay in bed all day!

Love, 
Mom 

by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this
My son had to set his alarm ten am and bedtime is eleven. He's 14 yrs old. He has two " do nothing" days a week and he has to do chores or help with my his lil bro with the things I can't help with, such as: climbing through the tubes, play with him in the bounce place and such.

If he's gonna mellow out here...he can do extra chores for me. Two " do nothing days" is plenty.

Good luck. Take the laptop and / or phone and away when you lay down along with the tv cord or remotes. If she's gonna stay up, make it boring and crap.
natural_s
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Lol, sounds like my 15yr old daughter.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 14, 2013 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I never let mine sleep all day. Gotta get up and get moving at a decent hour.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:42 PM
2 moms liked this

Lol.    But Moooommmmm!

GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Mine does that every day that she doesn't have to get up. Drives me insane. If I can't sleep in, why should she?
GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Mine reads all night. She complains when I make her do something because 'but mum! I'm up to this really great bit!' Lol

Quoting Momofmenagerie:

My son had to set his alarm ten am and bedtime is eleven. He's 14 yrs old. He has two " do nothing" days a week and he has to do chores or help with my his lil bro with the things I can't help with, such as: climbing through the tubes, play with him in the bounce place and such.

If he's gonna mellow out here...he can do extra chores for me. Two " do nothing days" is plenty.

Good luck. Take the laptop and / or phone and away when you lay down along with the tv cord or remotes. If she's gonna stay up, make it boring and crap.

PurpleHazey
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Amen

Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this
That was me,mom was frequently reminding me " honey, the great thing about books over tv is you can PUT IT DOWN and not miss anything! :-)

Quoting GleekingOut:

Mine reads all night. She complains when I make her do something because 'but mum! I'm up to this really great bit!' Lol

Quoting Momofmenagerie:

GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:13 PM

haha - right now she's torn between finishing a book, being on her laptop or calling this girl she knows and going to her place. She can't decide at all Xd

Quoting Momofmenagerie:

That was me,mom was frequently reminding me " honey, the great thing about books over tv is you can PUT IT DOWN and not miss anything! :-)

Quoting GleekingOut:

Quoting Momofmenagerie:

sabrtooth1
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:40 PM
2 moms liked this

If my kids wanted to spend all night reading, that was on them.  We never allowed 'puters, TV's, video games, etc in their rooms.  They got up when I did, summer or winter, school or not.  Ther had chores, and jobs, beginning with daytime babysitting when they were 12. 

The only way your kid can sleep till noon, and do nothing all day, is if you ALLOW it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)