Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

need ideas on activities to do together with my teens

Posted by   + Show Post

I have 2 teens... a son, 15 years old, and a daughter, 16 years old. 

They both have their friends that they do stuff with, as I have my own friends as well.

However, whenever I suggest things to do with my kids, my son usually will want to do stuff with me, and also with my hubby (their dad)  on weekends (he works fulltime, I am a sub teacher and off for the summer).

My daughter never seems to want to do anything with us...she'd rather text her friends and sit in her room, or go out with her friends.   She usually stays home and likes to veg out, watch tv, text her friends, get on her computer, and basically be in her room.

I miss doing things with my daughter and my son together, the 3 of us, as a group, and with their dad, and me, as a foursome.  How do I find activities to interest my daughter?

I suggest activities, and she says they are boring ideas..if I ask her what she would like to do...she says she doesnt' know.....any ideas, anyone?

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:26 AM
Replies (21-24):
02nana07
by Ida on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:10 PM

I don't know what there is to do in your area.  That said we have done skating, bowling, movies both at home and the theatre, swimming or just out to eat.  I hope this helps

wakymom
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:18 PM

We go camping, on family bike rides, to the neighborhood pool. The art museum near us has free admission; we've gone there. We've gone to other local museums, too. We're a reasonable drive from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, so we go to watch practice for the Brickyard 400 (Nascar) every yr.

Ds1 is 14 and doesn't protest family time really yet, but he will not get a choice, just like I did not have a choice growing up.

HilbillyMamaof3
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:28 PM
With your daughter what about going out and making a spa day, or go out for a pedi. My daughter and I had a movie night the other day, we made cupcakes, popcorn and each picked a movie. Mine was funny hers gave me nightmares, lol.
Sometimes I just make everyone go together and... Gasp! I take their phones for a little while. But I try to make everyone. We are going on vacation and each kid gets to plan one day. They are actually having fun with it, but I had to give them a budget- it was getting a little crazy.
mamalynnsmith
by New Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:24 AM

Make her go 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN