Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Appropriate or Asking for trouble?

Poll

Question: Do you think it is appropriate for a youth group to have kids from middle school through college doing late night and overnight activities together?

Options:

Yes, this is fine

No, this is asking for trouble

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 42

View Results

My step kids go to a youth group that takes place on Friday evenings from 7pm to 11pm.   The "kids" that attend range in age from middle school to college (ages 11 to 20).   Some of the events are movies at the mall, overnight slumber parties, late night swimming and destination trips (skiing, amusement parks, ect.).   On these outings there is only one youth group pastor who is 24.   

Do you think this arragnement is appropriate?   Would you allow your 13yo to attend?

by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Replies (41-43):
FL2AK
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 12:52 AM
2 moms liked this
Way too big of an age gap for my comfort level.
drfink
by Emily on Jun. 20, 2013 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

with only one out of school completely adult chaperone for that age range ...no ,not enough adults to keep a close eye on everyone

Northwest_angel
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I voted no, because we are dealing with a similar situation right now with our 14 year old daughter. She was invited to participate in a youth group at her friends church this summer. The youth group is for kids ranging in ages 11-20ish. Our daughter told us that her 14 year old friend and her 15 year old boyfriend are sneaking away into the church to make out. We are also finding that the high school juniors and seniors are wanting to date the freshman girls.

We no longer allow our daughter to participate in this youth group.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)