Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens
So I have finely let my sixteen year old daughter start dating. She knows how babies are made and all that stuff. I have not however talked to her a whole lot about sex. How can I talk to her without it being awkward for the both of us. I remember when my mom talked to me about it my face got all red and I got up and walked out of the room. Any advise?? I also want to tell her that if she does decide to have sex come to me before hand so we can talk. Good idea or bad??
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Replies (11-12):
MrsBLB
by Missi on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:31 AM

This should be helpful.   :)

Quoting Stelley:

I suggest the book A Chicken's Guide to Talking Turkey with Your Kids About Sex by Kevin Leman.  I started talking about it when my kids were much younger (they're now 11, 12, and 14) and we have open discussions about sex, dating, drugs, alcohol, and all that fun stuff kids are bombarded with.  

http://www.amazon.com/Chickens-Guide-Talking-Turkey-About/dp/0310283507/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371611451&sr=8-1&keywords=the+chicken%27s+guide+to+talking+turkey

MrsBLB
by Missi on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:32 AM

good  

Quoting HilbillyMamaof3:

Good luck! Sex talk in our house is table talk. I know my approach isn't for everyone though. Be accurate and let her know what you expect. I'm sure she all ready knows plenty by now. But the one thing I stress is once you start talking don't stop! Let her talk and don't flip out if her knowledge/questions shock you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)