Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do You Ever Go To Your Parents For Advice?

They say "Mom knows best".  

Do you ever go to your mom/parents for advice when dealing with your teens?

by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Replies (21-30):
GI_Jane230
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this

All the time. 

Barabell
by Barbara on Jun. 19, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I haven't yet, but I would if I thought her insight would help. My mom raised 3 girls, and I think it's really different for me since I'm raising a son. I think my husband would give better advice than my dad would since my dad is kind of a space cadet with social situations. We don't talk to my in-laws.

mimimom139
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 2:47 PM

If Mom were alive, I definitely would. My Dad--no way!

boonie594
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I absolutely go to my parents for advice. Actually, not my dad anymore because he has Alzheimers but I certainly remember the things he always told me and I talk to my mother all the time and help her with him. They were (and are) fantastic parents and I am thankful for that every day.
TranquilMind
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 4:55 PM
2 moms liked this

I wish.  Mine are long deceased.  My Mom knew everything and I wish I could ask her sometimes. 

Appreciate your Moms while you have them!

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Absolutely!   My Dad was my go to guy... for everything!   He always had the answer...and he was always right, too.    The man raised seven children without ever raising his voice or his hand, and he was never condescending.   He rarely offered advice unless asked, and I asked often!     Of course, when it came to my youngest son, even dear old Dad was often stumped, lol.  

Cindy18
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Nope. My dad isn't good at giving advice and my mom passed away when my kids were little.

Melissa_4
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Hell no!  My mother was a wicked witch!

Jessiejack
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I talk to my mom every day. I ask for advice often. Sometimes I use that advice and other times I think to myself how crazy the advice was. I love my mom very much and respect her even though we don't alawys agree.

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jun. 19, 2013 at 8:02 PM

No but I wish I could!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)