Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Do You Ever Go To Your Parents For Advice?

They say "Mom knows best".  

Do you ever go to your mom/parents for advice when dealing with your teens?

by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Replies (31-40):
moobahlalala
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I vent to my mother, and she uplifts me when it's needed. As far as advice go, my great grandmother is my go-to for as long as she lives. She's survived the great depression, the dust bowl, and a flood in Kansas that caused her and her 3 sons to relocate. That woman is awesome!
Ewa101
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:23 AM
1 mom liked this

No.  My mother claims that parenting was easier when I was growing up.  Also, I found out that if I have a problem, she worries.  So why worry her?

GI_Jane230
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:32 PM
2 moms liked this

I am absolutely appalled by the amount of "no"s to this question.  I pray that 10 years from now when my daughter is asked this question she will be able answer affirmatively. 

My parents weren't perfect either but I still ask.  I don't always take their advice but it helps to talk to them. 

momwith2monkeys
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Hell no, my mom didn't do a great job raising me and my dad is dead.
elkmomma
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Sure do.  I'm only rearing 1, they reared 3.   I also go to my grandparents who reared 9.

tyfry7496
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Nope. My mom and I don't see eye to eye on parenting. We agree on very little.
my2kidsmom9498
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Sometimes.

exhaustedmother
by Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes- I ask my mom a lot-after all she raised 6 of us and did a fine job too!

Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 12:44 AM
I do. I think they did a pretty darn good job with me.
hefferlump
by Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 12:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes...... Yes and Yes............My parents are awesome. 

We live in America, they are in the UK. They come for a month in the summer and are here now. My 16 year old is challenging to say the least. We have control of him but sometimes we teeter on the edge especially the last few months. We have a 16 year old and 14 year old. Both like to stay in their rooms and it is hard for me and hubby to get them moving. Since my parents are here, the kids are up and moving every day. They have done things that we could only hope to do with them. Golfing, movies, fishing, bowling.. It is a really special relationship. My parents are 76 and 72 and are fit and well. 16 year old and grandma are playing dominoes together as we speak and the laughing is something we never hear.

So give your parents are chance...... They have a much more lateral view of whats going on. Listen to them. 99 % of what they say may be nonsense..... but that 1% may make the differnece...

Lynne

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)