Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Random Question 6/19

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:45 AM
  • 23 Replies

Are you fluent in more than one language? If not what language would you like to learn?

by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vlynn.iowa
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 8:06 AM

No, but I would like to learn French

WandaSue
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 8:25 AM

no im not! i would learn anything, really

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Jun. 19, 2013 at 8:43 AM
I'm not fluent in any language except English. I would like to learn Italian or German because that where my ancestors are from. (I did learn enough German to get by while we lived there but would love to be fluent)
MrsBLB
by Missi on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:20 AM

I am not.  I am trying to learn more Spanish.

MrsBLB
by Missi on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:21 AM

I took some French in high school.  I don't remember any of it.  Beautiful language tho.   :)

Quoting vlynn.iowa:

No, but I would like to learn French

MrsBLB
by Missi on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:23 AM

One of my twin boys, Dan, took German all through junior high and high school.  I love hearing him speak it.    :)

Quoting fammatthews4:

I'm not fluent in any language except English. I would like to learn Italian or German because that where my ancestors are from. (I did learn enough German to get by while we lived there but would love to be fluent)

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:23 AM
I am not, but I took Italian when I lived there. Learned to understand some but couldn't speak any.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Msgme
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:31 AM

I am not.  I'm lucky i can speak English  lol.  MY dh is fluent in several languages  he kinda just has a knack for it  and my 14 year old dd is fluent in Italian and can hold her own in spanish.  Italian she learned via Rosetta stone and Spanish between spanish class and her over 90% of her friends have spanish as their first language.   she plans on working on russian over the summer.  I wouldnt mind speaking Spanish or Yiddish as both are spoken more than english in my area.

HockeyDanceMom
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Nope and there really isn't any language that I want to learn

Wife to Jason (07/10/98), Step Mom to Lucas Robert (07/12/96). Mommy to Michael James (03/21/00), Madalyn Rose (02/27/03), Emily Grace (01/07/05), Daniel Joseph (01/04/06) & Christopher Thomas (03/21/11).

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Nope, I'd like to be fluent in Spanish. I took it in both high school and college and can remember some words and phrases but not enough to be comfortable trying to have a conversation with anyone, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)