Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teens these days -_- Someone help me. What if she is pregnant!! ***Update in Red

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:59 AM
  • 21 Replies

I am watching my brother's 14 year old for a month while her parents are in Norway visiting old friends. Maddie (the girl) has always been a pretty good girl until now. She decided that she wanted to go spend the night with a friend a few days ago. I told her it would be fine if she went but she had to update me every hour that she was okay and let me know if they left her friends' house. Well. she texted me and said they were going to a baseball game to watch some of their guy friends play and hang out with friends of hers as they watched. She liked this older boy who was a senior in high school this year and she would have done anything to be with him. Well the baseball team won and decided to throw a little party for winning. They went to somebody's house whose parent's weren't home, and they decided to drink. Well Maddie didn't want to be judged for not including herself, so she joined right in. She drank it up all night. Meanwhile the friend's mom was texting me and telling me that they were just hanging out with some other friends, not really knowing what was going on. Well Maddie being drunk had sex with this boy and was caught by police and everybody fled from the house. Maddie wasn't caught. I called her parent's immediatly after I found out what happened and I have scheduled a gynocologist appointment in like 2 or 3 weeks because it is too early to tell. (I think that is what you call a stomach doctor..) and she is regretting her decision to drink. I never would have expected little Maddie to do something like that! If she is pregant I am not sure what her parents will do. I am very disappointed in her and she will not be leaving my home without me.

So we just got back from the gynocologist. Her appointment was at 9 this morning. They had her take the test and the results were...negative! Thank goodness.  I would have cried if it was positive. I think that once we got there she started getting more and more scared about it because it could've been possible that she was pregnant. I e-mailed her parents and they said they were very relieved and that they would be back home in 3 days. They told me she is not to go hang out with friends at all why they are gone just so they can make sure she doesn't get into trouble, thankfully they understand that this was not my fault. Maddie is currently sitting in the guest room..the room she is staying in..crying. She is very upset with he decision and a huge weight has been lifted off of her shoulders. I think that she has been given a chance to show that she needs to make good decisons and that it's okay to just come home. I'm not saying she is out of trouble, because let me tell you what, she is in HUGE trouble. What she did was not okay in any sort of way. So, I hope I have let all of you know the info you wanted to know..and to you other mom's who think that this is a troll, it''s not...and it sucks that you think that and wouldn't just try to help me figure out what to do when I needed it. But whatever. And thank you SO much to the mom's who were very kind and/or tried to help me. It's very much appreciated! :)

-Christina :)

by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marney.p
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:34 AM

Wow, how did her parents take this information?

Are they cutting short their trip?

I dont know what else to say.

jemmyeve
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:39 AM
how did the parents react.?

GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:42 AM

I'd buy a pregnancy test and make her do it. The doctors going to do the same thing anyway.

Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:08 AM
2 moms liked this

Plan B preventitive BC pill would have helped the next day.  But I guess it may be to late for that now.   Also if she is 14 and the boy is a senior is that even legal in your state?

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this
14 and 17 may be in some states. It shouldn't be though. I wonder though if this was really her first time drinking or having sex???? I would have given her the morning after pill just like someone else suggested. She needs std testing too.

Quoting Txlisa7969:

Plan B preventitive BC pill would have helped the next day.  But I guess it may be to late for that now.   Also if she is 14 and the boy is a senior is that even legal in your state?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsBLB
by Missi on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:14 AM

I was thinking these things also.

Quoting atlmom2:

14 and 17 may be in some states. It shouldn't be though. I wonder though if this was really her first time drinking or having sex???? I would have given her the morning after pill just like someone else suggested. She needs std testing too.

Quoting Txlisa7969:

MrsBLB
by Missi on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Please keep us posted.  Hang in there, hugs to you.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:15 AM

A gynocologist is the correct doctor.       A stomach doctor is a gastroenterologist.     You can buy an over the counter early detection home pregnancy test, too.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:21 AM
14 and 18 yes. Once you cross over to 18 the line can't be crossed. I. Know many seniors are 18 and 19. They need to act like adults.

Quoting MrsBLB:

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting Txlisa7969:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsBLB
by Missi on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes they do.  This is just another example of kids thinking they can do what they want, when they want.  SMH

Quoting atlmom2:

14 and 18 yes. Once you cross over to 18 the line can't be crossed. I. Know many seniors are 18 and 19. They need to act like adults.

Quoting MrsBLB:

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting Txlisa7969:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)