Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

I know its not my place to judge but WTF

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:38 AM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

My girls are 14 and 10.  One is in 5th grade the other 9th grade.  They both share a friend on facebook who is in 7th grade and I believe 12 or 13.   My 10 year old and I basically share a FB account.  It was mine but i let her add her friends and what not.  So any way this 7th grader posts the craziest stuff.   Videos of her Twerking  just things that i would never allow for my girls.  But I'm not her mother so its not my decision.  However this 13 year old has been posting pics of her and her boyfriend and stuff,.  I knew this kid looked to be much older than her.  Then she posted his Senior prom pics that she went to.   Senior prom as in High school senior. He either just graduated or about to graduate from High school and she's 7th grade.  She's having some kind of party in a cpl weeks and she invited my younger dd who she knows better than my older dd.  At first I was just not gonna rsvp but I ran into her mother and she was like oh is tori coming they are gonna have so much fun. I was trying to be polite  But i so wanted to tell there was no way in hell i woudl let my dd hang out with your kid.  She's way to mature for my 10 year old.

by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:46 AM
2 moms liked this

I am often surprised by what other parents let their kids do. Then at some point they wonder where they went wrong.

I'd have just told the mom no, 10 and 13 is a big gap, more so then say 13 and 16 when it comes to maturity. Preserves your youngest as long as you can, she has plenty of time to grow up.

Msgme
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:58 AM

The girl is either about to turn 13 or just turned 13.  and my dd is about to turn 11.  both my girls have known her since Elementary school espeically my younger dd.  They were in alot of the same school clubs together.   They were never all that close but they were friends. 

I'm the type of parent that allows my kids to do things alot of other parents wouldnt.  I'm a very laid back easy going kinda mom.  So for me to be like NO way u know its serious  lol

Quoting luckysevenwow:

I am often surprised by what other parents let their kids do. Then at some point they wonder where they went wrong.

I'd have just told the mom no, 10 and 13 is a big gap, more so then say 13 and 16 when it comes to maturity. Preserves your youngest as long as you can, she has plenty of time to grow up.

GI_Jane230
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I would have told the mom exactly why I wasnt letting her come.  Chances are the mom has no idea what the girl is doing and what she puts on FB.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:01 AM
I'm pretty laid back also, more so with each kid that was born lol, but I do have my hills. If your gut was saying no, there was a reason.
Quoting Msgme:

The girl is either about to turn 13 or just turned 13.  and my dd is about to turn 11.  both my girls have known her since Elementary school espeically my younger dd.  They were in alot of the same school clubs together.   They were never all that close but they were friends. 

I'm the type of parent that allows my kids to do things alot of other parents wouldnt.  I'm a very laid back easy going kinda mom.  So for me to be like NO way u know its serious  lol

Quoting luckysevenwow:

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't worry what other kids do. I did make sure mine know if we don't agree how some friends act.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Msgme
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:08 AM

I actually thought that for a while eps when the kid was posting about her moms dating life.  but when she went to the boys prom there were pics of her with her mom and the boy. and mom comented on several of the pics.  She wore a very short mini dress with like 8 inch heels to the prom.  mom comented about how grown her dd looked in the dress.

Quoting GI_Jane230:

I would have told the mom exactly why I wasnt letting her come.  Chances are the mom has no idea what the girl is doing and what she puts on FB.

GI_Jane230
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Then the mom needs a reality check.  I still would have told her. 

Quoting Msgme:

I actually thought that for a while eps when the kid was posting about her moms dating life.  but when she went to the boys prom there were pics of her with her mom and the boy. and mom comented on several of the pics.  She wore a very short mini dress with like 8 inch heels to the prom.  mom comented about how grown her dd looked in the dress.

Quoting GI_Jane230:

drfink
by Emily on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:57 PM

You are so correct not to let her hang with the girl.I do feel for her though...with a parent that lets her go with a jr or sr high school boy she has no guidelines at all.

You need to take care of your daughter  but that poor girl.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:21 PM

I agree with you not wanting your youngest to hang out with this girl I would make the same decision I think.  I also think I'd tell the mother why I made that decision.

PurpleHazey
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this

When it comes to your kids and their friend you need to judge.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)