Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I let her dye her hair turquoise!

Posted by   + Show Post

So I have a deal with my YDD who is 13.  She pulls all A's for the school year she gets to dye her hair whatever color she wants over the Summer.  Because of the school dress code she has to go back to a natural color when school starts back.  Well, her final report card was all A's and she got a 96 average for the year so, yep it's turquoise lol.  Last year it was magenta.  I will probably get a little flack from certain family members but all I ever tell them is that she earned it. 

by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Replies (21-30):
HilbillyMamaof3
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats on the grades! Whatever it takes, and it does look good on her.
13579nlm
by Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Awh she's pretty (: and as long as she doesn't dye it too often then i don't see a problem. I dyed my hair purple one year.

Medusa686
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Good for her. Its a pretty color and she worked hard in school.  I'm all for kids letting loose when it comes to stuff like that during summers. You are only young once and its not like she is going to the office !

little_miss3
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Its just hair! I think it looks very cute. There are far worst things she could be doing. Way to go on the grades! Always great to let kids express themselves..its not a permant thing

shorty13417
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

congrats on the grades and the color looks great on her.

mimimom139
by Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this
It looks really cute. You're doing a great job as a mom. Don't worry about what certain people say. Keep up the good work!
SAMI_JO
by Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:24 PM

If that is a deal you made then you have to follow thru with it. But this is something I would have NEVER agreed to for any reason.

Christie1952
by Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:28 PM
2 moms liked this

Love it! I occasionally put a purple streak in mine, and I am over 60!

Bodacious79
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this

That looks really good on her, my son used to have the occasional purple in his hair.  School dress codes are very rediculous and opressive, she should color and explore her own style because that is what makes you yourself.

bexsmum
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:48 PM

DD dip dyed her hair royal purple one Christmas and at the time she was a blonde. Now I could care less what colour her hair is as it is only hair and will grow out and fade, BUT she was an air cadet sergeant and was required to have normal hair colour. when questioned as to when the colour would fade out was told by her and the girlfriend who helped dye it. That the two of them had measured how far up they could dye it so that the colour would be hidden in her bun when in uniform.  DS number two also dyed his hair to brilliant blue only DS had to bleach out the dark mahogany brown first then colour it with the blue. As it faded out it turned a really cool green colour. His girlfriend at the time was none to impressed as he did it 2 weeks before prom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)