Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens
Today was my niece's 17th birthday, and officially the first day that she is living with us. From everything that happened last night (refer to "Am I in over my head?!" post), I wanted today to be a good day for her. I was going to surprise her with a kitten today, but she wouldn't stop talking about how she really wished she could get one. I have a horrible poker face, and when she seemed like she was starting to get depressed I spilled the beans and told her that dh was picking up an orange kitten on his way home after work. After that, she was so giddy. She actually reminded me of a little girl I once knew rather than a kid who's been forced into adulthood way too soon.

She's been clinging to that kitten since it's gotten home. It's name is Moo by the way lol. We played some board games and baked a cake together. Actually, they were brownies with peanut butter frosting, but she was happy nonetheless. I did a horrible job decorating it. HORRIBLE. But I had fun making the cake with her, and we sang happy birthday together. It was silly, but we had fun. I just tried to do things for her that my mom used to do for me when I needed some cheering up.

by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:55 AM
Replies (21-21):
FL2AK
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this
What a great day, happy birthday to your niece!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN