Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Don't have teenagers! (vent)

Posted by   + Show Post
A) they don't listen
B) they don't respect your time

DS (17) & I made plans for today since his sisters are with my parents for the weekend & his brothers are with their dad. The plan was his friends come over Friday night for game night, 2 of the guys stay the night, we get up & they leave & he & I would go out to lunch. Not just some fast food place either! A really nice mongolian grill place. Then I would drop him off at my parents to mow & he would walk to a friend's house after. I would go to the store & then home to do laundry (had really hoped someone would say "hey I'm free let's do dinner" but that didn't happen).

Well friends came over, guys stayed the night, they didn't get up til noon, one left at 1. At noon I had to take my ex swimsuits for the boys. By 2 I was pissed- the otherr friend was still here! So I went to the store. I text my DS saying it was pretty shitty that he made plans with me but can't respect my time & that I had things to get done after we ate before I went to get his brothers. His reply "Hey Robbie is leaving now" & then "I'm going with him so I can mow & go to Dalton's" WTF??? Did he NOT get my text? So I replied "fine- then we aren't going to dinner" (mind you we were suppose to do lunch! And it's now 3pm!!)

So I get home & they are still there! DS asks if my mom left the money on the table (she was going to pay him for mowing). I looked at him & said "I told you the other day she forgot to leave it for you!"

So now I'm sitting here pissed & hungry! Too late for lunch, too early for dinner, & I still have more groceries to get (what I couldn't get at Aldi).
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Replies (21-22):
stephs5isenough
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:08 PM

I understhand these frustrations.  But right now, I think you need to take a few deep breaths, pour yourself a nice cold glass of your soda of choice (for me it's Dr. Pepper) and reorganize your thoughts.  Then you can go on with your remodified day until bed time.  Then put a good chic flick on as your winding down.

Stephanie

Dare to to take the Love Dare too at:

LIVING IN THE ARMS OF JESUS.

Click my tag to follow me there.

kgsharber
by New Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Instead of being so passive agressive, why don't you just talk to him like an adult, ask him at noon if both friends can be gone within an hour to keep your schedule somewhat on track. I don't like all the texting with a nasty attitude. Look him in his eyes and talk to him! He will only learn how to act as an adult from watching you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN