Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Am I on borrowed time???

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:49 PM
  • 37 Replies

Recently, it has come to my attention that I will only be a Mom with teens for a few more months.   I am so sad!  Not only will my baby be 20 years old, but I will also lose my status as a Mom with Teens.   I will be a Has Been!

It is bad enough that my sons are both so called 'adults'.   Bully for them.   What about ME?  I am not ready for this. 

Will I still belong in this group or do I have to move on?

by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Me too. My baby will be 20 in January. I have been in Mom's with adult children for quite a while now too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:52 PM

I wonder if my Dh would be up for foster parenting?   I could take in an exchange stuident.... except I have no room for anyone until my so called 'adults' move out.   Ugh.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Quoting atlmom2:

Me too. My baby will be 20 in January. I have been in Mom's with adult children for quite a while now too.

I vist that group, too.    But my kids fit more with the teens, you know?    They are not out on their own, with careers and families....... they are here with us.    I haven't finished raising them, yet!

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Lots have college kids there. I got one out living with her boyfriend and then one 19. It is an awesome group. Lots of general chat too.

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Quoting atlmom2:

I vist that group, too.    But my kids fit more with the teens, you know?    They are not out on their own, with careers and families....... they are here with us.    I haven't finished raising them, yet!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Quoting atlmom2:

Lots have college kids there. I got one out living with her boyfriend and then one 19. It is an awesome group. Lots of general chat too.

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Quoting atlmom2:

Thanks.  I will visit it more often.   I just don't know the group as well.  I am so comfortable here...

Really though, I just don't want my guys to grow up, lol.  

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 22, 2013 at 10:02 PM
This group has evolved numerous times and not the same as a few years back. I like it but ever since mine were both over 18 it is just different.

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Quoting atlmom2:

Thanks.  I will visit it more often.   I just don't know the group as well.  I am so comfortable here...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jun. 22, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Quoting atlmom2:

This group has evolved numerous times and not the same as a few years back. I like it but ever since mine were both over 18 it is just different.

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Quoting atlmom2:

That makes sense.    I've only been a member for a couple years and this is my main group, so I feel like I 'know' the other regulars.     I remember a member with the name FlyHippie?    I miss her posts.   I also miss Nate & Evan's Mom. 

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Who has better advice then moms who have been there, and survived?

I still have one that is 19, the others are adults and on their own. own. When the 19 year old turns twenty I'll have one from the younger set turning 13 six months later. I could be in this group for many, many more years lol
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Who has better advice then moms who have been there, and survived?

I still have one that is 19, the others are adults and on their own. own. When the 19 year old turns twenty I'll have one from the younger set turning 13 six months later. I could be in this group for many, many more years lol

Glad to hear it.  I would miss you if you left.     How old is your youngest?

lilpep100
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Seems like it's literally a blink of an eye right?

I have 5 yrs until my first is 18, so I just joined the teen parenting group, but I was literally taking them to playdates yesterday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)