Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

bring my daughter home

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:04 PM
  • 7 Replies
Hi i'm Amanda and i need a little advice i'm trying to bring my daughter home to live with me and i have no idea where to began she's 13 and she's not happy she has told me she wants to live with me she lives with her dads mom any ideas please let me know and thank you very much.
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Linagma03
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Who has legal custody? That is the first place to start because that could determine what action you would need to take. Depending on the entire situation and why she is living with her Grandma could also determine what action you can or need to take. I am thinking that a lawyer will be needed. Some places allow a child to make the decision of which parent they want to live with beginning at the age of 13 but I have no idea how that really works.

I really wish you Good Luck!

IamMex11
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:32 PM

you don't give enough information/background for anyone to give you advice.

amonkeymom
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Hi Amanda!  Welcome to the group.

Who has current legal/physical custody of your daughter?  Have you consulted an attorney?

Quoting notcomplete9136:

Hi i'm Amanda and i need a little advice i'm trying to bring my daughter home to live with me and i have no idea where to began she's 13 and she's not happy she has told me she wants to live with me she lives with her dads mom any ideas please let me know and thank you very much.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Welcome!    Does her Grandma know she wants to live with you?   Is she in agreement?

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:19 PM
An attorney.
bizzeemom2717
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:54 AM
I agree with the pp that says retaining an attorney is prob your best option at this point
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsBLB
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Welcome to the group.  Have you discussed this with her grandma?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN