Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

11yr old fussy eater

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:23 PM
  • 14 Replies

What to get 11 year old for dinner lunch breakfast ? . 

by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:52 PM

I make them eat - if it's just general fussiness and not a specific food that they don't eat then I make them eat the food. CPS states that I must provide them 3 meals a day - they must not be their favourite meals. I've told my kids that if they don't like the food that I've served - have a sandwich or go to bed.

In saying so though - maybe get your child to come with you to the grocery store to buy the food and get them to help you with recipies and things - that might make things easier too having more of a choice.

bizzeemom2717
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:49 AM
At 11 make the food you want to make for meals and have healthy alternatives they can make (sandwiches, soups, ect) if they don't like what u made. They will eat when hungry. Just make sure you don't have junk food around as an option they can fill up on
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:07 AM
I would keep giving healthy choices. If all the choices are junk don't buy it or allow it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ForeverLawst
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:33 AM

I agree with the PP's. If DD didn't like what I made, then I told her "there's the fridge, figure it out yourself. I'm not here to cater to you." I still do that now and she's 14. She's reached the point that she will suggest food before I set something out. =)

suesues
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:57 AM

they do get better with age and we create a bad eater to may choices its this or that thats it

MrsBLB
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:40 AM

This.

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

At 11 make the food you want to make for meals and have healthy alternatives they can make (sandwiches, soups, ect) if they don't like what u made. They will eat when hungry. Just make sure you don't have junk food around as an option they can fill up on

sahlady
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Agree... Don't cater to a fussy eater.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
andersongirl562
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:52 AM

My children at any age eat was is cooked and provided for them no opt out option.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I agree with this

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

Barabell
by Barbara on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:10 PM

I agree with this. My dad's mom used to carter to his picking eating the whole time he was a minor. After he moved out, he decided to expand his horizons. He's one of the least picky eaters I know now. I've heard family speculate that if my grandmother (his mom) refused to cater to him that he might have not been such a picky eater.

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN