Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Do your teens 'talk' to you?

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:48 PM
  • 60 Replies

Do you have the type of relationship with your teens that they can come to you and tell you things that are happening in their life or things they are going through?

by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this
22 yo always has even now that she has moved out. 19 yo keeps more to herself. Now if I ask she answers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Msgme
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this

my son without a dobt. my dd it depends on her mood of the day. she always in the end comes to me but its not always easy for her. She knows that i would never judge her. Ive proven that time and time again but sometimes shes afraid i may step in fix whatever the problem is. Which is something im really working on. I'm really working on just listening and instead of fixing things for her asking her how she thinks its best to fix  things or even just how to proceed.  and then letting her and giving adivce not just when needed but when she wants it.  Sometimes she doesnt want any advice.

sahlady
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

My oldest DD (15) tells me everything and anything.  Sometimes more about her friends than I care to know.  My younger DD (13) is a little more reserve.  She talks with me about a lot and with her older sister but she tends to think things over for herself first.  They both know I am always here to listen, advise or help with anything.  I try to get some one on one time in every week with each girl.  I usually run errand or do shopping a couple of times a week and alternate taking them with me.  It's amazing some of the conversations that can and have occured in my minivan lol.

mommyneedssleep
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:01 PM
2 moms liked this
My 16 year old does!!! She knows she is able to tell me anything! I like that she comes to me and tells me things, some I can do without lol but I won't tell her that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bizzeemom2717
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, always, I started when they were young ityh pertty open and honest talks so they would feel comfortable. Now lol, it's almost overload...but I'm thankful!

just_hc
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes.  DD (16) tells me EVERYTHING.  Sometimes too much but I'm not going to tell her that.   DS (18) is a little more reserved but yes, both my kids "talk" to me about what is going on in their life.  

Jessiejack
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Yes

MJP76
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Yes.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Yes, thankfully. I didn't have that with my mom. I really fostered open communication with my dd from an early age.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN