Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

My son hurt my feelings!!

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:11 PM
  • 23 Replies

My son and I are pretty close, I thought. He is my only one still home. He is 16. After work we went to the grocery store, and I cater somewhat to what he wants, as it is just him and I. Well on the way home he asked if we could stop and get a " Boba" which is a blended drink. Sounded good to me after a long, hot day. He ordered his and I asked him if I could borrow 2 dollars from him, as I didn't have enough cash for both drinks. I know he had cash, as I had given him money that day to eat at Taco Bell. He said he had 5 dollars left, and I told him I had cash at home and would pay him right back. He said NO!!  It hurt me so much to see how selfish he could be!! I was mad and hurt and went out to wait for him and my car and then smashed my finger getting in. Ouch.

by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
my2kidsmom9498
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:25 PM

I am sorry, that would have hurt my feeling too.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:45 PM
2 moms liked this
I would have told him he was getting no more money for Taco Bell or anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommersx4
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Believe me, I won't be handing out spending money easily anymore!!! I am done.

gonecrazi
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:49 PM

I think I would have been more mad than hurt. I would have to cut him off for a while.

drfink
by Emily on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:22 PM

exactly

Quoting atlmom2:

I would have told him he was getting no more money for Taco Bell or anything.

Barabell
by Barbara on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Quoting gonecrazi:

I think I would have been more mad than hurt. I would have to cut him off for a while.

Me too.

drfink
by Emily on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

for me I would very nicely ,so you are in complete control ,explain why that was selfish and since he doesn't seem to understand sharing even though you share your money for non-necessities...Taco Bell....there will be a lack of sharing on your part for awhile.That sometimes a concrete example is needed.

bizzeemom2717
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Me too sounds like he's def not appreciating the spending money, needs to be cut off and earn it back

Quoting gonecrazi:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bizzeemom2717
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Oh and sorry though. ((( hugs))) that would have been hurtful
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ejwhite_99
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:51 AM

I'm sorry your feelings were hurt, totally selfish on your son's part.  All the more reason why I would not have been hurt or mad, I would have been shocked and looked at him like he was crazy.  Then I would have reminded him that the money he was spending was the money I gave him earlier and if he couldn't show some appreciation, I wouldn't be the only one not having having a Boba that night.  Sometimes you have to meet kids right where they are.  He's 16 and plenty old enough to be more considerate and handle the taste of his own medicine.  I guranantee you he would be very careful in the future telling you no.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)