Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Should I let her go?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:43 PM
  • 27 Replies

We live in one of the Chicago suburbs, about 30 minutes away from the city and we are Blackhawks fans. My 16 yo DD wants to go to the parade downtown on Friday. my problem is that there are going to be thousands of people there (probably drunk and older) and i don't know if its really safe for a 16 yo girl and her friends. She would have to take the train down there and I don't know if I'm comfortable with all of this. I know how much she wants to go because the Blackhawks just won the Stanley Cup but I also want her to be safe. What should I do?

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Bump
bizzeemom2717
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:09 PM
I would have allowed my DS at that age to go with his friends he was a mature kid for his age at 16 and had made good choices in friends at that age. My DD is 15 and will be 16 in about 6 months. I'm thinking yes, if she went with her friends I like I would trust them to go, esp since they aren't driving and taking a train
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bizzeemom2717
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this
It really depends on your daughter though, your trust level, her maturity level and previous experience
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Any chance you can go with her? Or one of her friend's moms?
GarysWife1991
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I think I'd let her go if you trusted her and her friends.  The celebration would be so much fun, I'd go if I lived near Chicago!

katydon
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:21 PM

No, everyone has work, including me. It would just be her and 2 or 3 friends

Quoting fantasticfour:

Any chance you can go with her? Or one of her friend's moms?

AmericanChild82
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope, not unless there was an adult there I wouldn't. Chicago is not a safe city and like you said there are going to thousands of people there. What is she going to do if she gets seperated from the group? What will she do if one of those deranged fans is to drunk and wont take no for an answer? Nope, no way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:15 PM

I went to the Diamandbacks parade in downtown Phoenix when they won the World Series. No one was drinking or anything. Just a huge parade and lots of confetti. It was a very memoriable experience, and I'm glad I didn't miss it. 

Is she used to taking the train? Do you think your teen and her friends are mature enough to handle a short trip like that?

Barabell
by Barbara on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Oh, congrats on the Blackhawks winning. We were routing for them, even though they took out our team (Wild) during the playoffs.

PurpleHazey
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:11 PM

I am not sure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN