Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

PMS!!! Not mine, my 'baby' has mood swings from........ETA

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 12:15 AM
  • 17 Replies

My daughter has had the WORST day, but mine was even worse, cause I had to deal with HER!! OMG!! She is only 12, how am I going to deal with this every month!?! The HORRIBLE part- Her cycle and mine are moving together to 'match up', and my PMS is no picnic in the park! Are we doomed to be locked in battles of epic propertions for a week every month?? PLEASE, help!!

ETA, thanks for those that responed with helpful suggestions! I can not take birth control, it makes my symptoms get worse. We will try her on it, but I stupidly suggested it while she was going through a mood swing, and she started bawling, and well, you'd think I'd be a bit smarter. Hubby bought her a choc shake, and it did help. She did not do much to really be punished for, but every slight she has gotten in the last month came up!! (I do more dishes than everyone else, sister got an extra treat, brother got to do something) Plus the no body likes me woes..........I suddenly feel very helpless, and believe it or not, actually saw how much my husband actually does to help me through my PMS. HE brought home choc, some bubble bath, and two new nail polishes. He has learned a few things I guess!

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 12:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 2:16 AM

BC for you? Maybe that might make yours a little bit less stressful in order to deal with hers? And remember - no  matter how bad the PMS is - it does not excuse any attitude/behaviour she shows you that you would not normally tolerate.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:42 AM
I agree. Not an excuse. If you wanna be rude go to your room and be rude to yourself.

Quoting GleekingOut:

BC for you? Maybe that might make yours a little bit less stressful in order to deal with hers? And remember - no  matter how bad the PMS is - it does not excuse any attitude/behaviour she shows you that you would not normally tolerate.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nurse1997
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Cycles dont  match up together that is a myth sorry  !

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:48 AM

My one DD was god awful, we all walked on egg shells, as soon as it was over she was her happy self again. We took a lot of deep breaths.

Jenn_A
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

My older sister and I had matching cycles, so did my older daughter and I. And the women here with large families? Yep, myth my rear!

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jun. 29, 2013 at 1:37 PM
3 moms liked this

Invest in chocolate!    Tell her she is PMSing and hand her some chocolate.     Sometimes, just bringing it to a woman's attention is enough.

My Dh actually told our sons, many years ago, that when Mom was ranting and acting unreasonable that it was caused by PMS...and to give her some chocolate.     The first time my little guy handed me a tootsie roll as I was lecturing him, I was shocked!   He told me what Dad had taught them and I laughed so hard it took the edge off.       To this day, whenever I appear mad, my sons offer me M&M's, lol.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Jun. 29, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Talk with her about how to manage her symptoms she has a lot if years ahead of her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PurpleHazey
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 4:27 PM

The cycles will always be at the same time every month because it is just nature.

cege
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 5:26 PM

There are ways she can lessen the symptoms.  For me, getting exercise, extra sleep, and eating healthy helped a lot.  Also, I'd retreat from people for awhile if I knew I was likely to come across as bitchy or overly emotional. 

JustFox
by New Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Why not both go on birth control? That's what my mom did for me. Idk how I would've made it through high school
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)