Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Last night my son raged and punched a hole in a car window with his fist.

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 3:25 PM
  • 14 Replies

Last night my son punched a hole in a car's back window, with his fist. He was mad at me for not wanting to take a friend home. I was not feeling well and asked if her mother could pick her up. He was afraid her mother would get mad at her. He started swearing at me and was so angry he punched a random car that happened to be parked there. I am waiting for thje mobile glass to replace the window. 200.00 that I can hardley afford as a single mom. I know he has a lot of anger about other things building up inside of him. He is on medication for bipolar disorder, but I need some advise. Has anyone else been through this? What works? I wish I could find a strong male figure to help him and guide him.

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 29, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Has he had anger management counseling? That is not something any teen should really be upset over let alone punch glass.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommersx4
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Yes, he has been in counseling for a while. I talked to the therapist on call this morning. I know it was a lot of things bothering him  and building up in him.

Quoting atlmom2:

Has he had anger management counseling? That is not something any teen should really be upset over let alone punch glass.

aeneasa
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 4:19 PM

I'm reading a book by Danielle Steel about her son who had bipolar.  Very insightful.  Its title is

His Bright Light: The Story of Nick Traina

PurpleHazey
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 4:24 PM

He would of seen stars after I was done.

mommersx4
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Thank you, I have the book. Very good. It is scary though, even with all of her money, she still did not save him.
Quoting aeneasa:

I'm reading a book by Danielle Steel about her son who had bipolar.  Very insightful.  Its title is

His Bright Light: The Story of Nick Traina

EmmaRosetta
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this

He'll came to our door and stayed for two years.  My son had gotten into drugs and was in deep trouble.  The way your son acted was exactly the way our son would over react to anything we said no to.   After the two years, many damaged walls, doors windows, and many dollars later we were able to get him some mental health help.   It was very very hard on all of us, but you need to be very vigilant in him taking his medication.   He must take it when prescribed.  Our son is good if he consistently taks it but as soon as he feels well he slips.  He is clean of all illegal drugs for two years now, and has a job but we still have to keep on him about his mess.   Some healthy alternatives to his angry responses would go a long way for him and you.  God bless you - it isn't easy with two parents so I can only imagine your struggles.  DON'T GIVE UP!

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Good, glad to hear he is in counseling and great step in communicating with them. Hopefully the counselor can help him come up with some good coping/anger management strategies. Also I would find a way for your son to pay you back for the damage. He def needs to be held accountable for his actions. His cell and other priv would be gone as well as no friends visiting for quite a while c

Quoting mommersx4:

Yes, he has been in counseling for a while. I talked to the therapist on call this morning. I know it was a lot of things bothering him  and building up in him.

Quoting atlmom2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree. I was thinking that too like 15 hours of chores or cleaning, yard work etc.

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

Good, glad to hear he is in counseling and great step in communicating with them. Hopefully the counselor can help him come up with some good coping/anger management strategies. Also I would find a way for your son to pay you back for the damage. He def needs to be held accountable for his actions. His cell and other priv would be gone as well as no friends visiting for quite a while c

Quoting mommersx4:

Quoting atlmom2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Give him productive things to work on to help keep him and his mind occupied.

mommersx4
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 1:30 AM
1 mom liked this

He is very remorseful today, vacuumed the house, went to the grocery store with me and carried everything out and put away. No spending money or hanging out for a while. He will be accountable for the damage.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)