Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

sons get their intelligence from their mothers... thoughts?

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 3:07 PM
  • 16 Replies

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/brainy-sons-owe-intelligence-to-their-mothers-1339099.html

just for the fun of it... what are your thoughts?  what would your husband say?  your son?

by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Well, that explains why my little man is so smart! lol  Just don't tell his Dad ;)

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 30, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Have no sons.  Dh's family is brillant.  Both parents and all 4 kids, 2 of each. 

I am probably smarter than my brother.  My Mom was smarter than my Dad though intellectually.

TranquilMind
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine are scary smart....(takes bow). 

(I'm joking around!)

I do say, "You're welcome" when people comment on how tall my son is - all the men in my family were super tall. 

sahlady
by Gold Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this

my kids get complimented on their eyes... my standard reply is to say I married well.  Hubs had pretty eyes, they dont work very well but they are pretty.

Quoting TranquilMind:

I do say, "You're welcome" when people comment on how tall my son is - all the men in my family were super tall. 

TranquilMind
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Ha.

My husband too....pretty color, but he can't see to go to the restroom without his glasses. 

Quoting sahlady:

my kids get complimented on their eyes... my standard reply is to say I married well.  Hubs had pretty eyes, they dont work very well but they are pretty.

Quoting TranquilMind:

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Lol well we always joke about where my DS got his "smarts" from. My Dh is a brilliant man so I would hate to take all the credit, but have no problem doing so. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
craftyzenmom
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:35 PM

My boys (13 yo twins) are scary smart.... in a totally different way than my brain even works! I pulled them out of public school to homeschool because they wanted to do stuff with science that they coouldn't do within our local schools. My degree is in Liberal Studies and I excel in the humanities.... they joke about my degree all the time (like Sheldon on Big Bang Theory). They force me to learn about stuff like thermodynamics, physics and more math than I would have ever dreamed of tackling just to keep up with them. We have periodic tables around our house for fun... they think being called a "Nerd" is a compliment (a geek on the other hand is an insult).

JTROX
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:38 PM

It's true with my oldest son, I'm not so sure about my youngest.  :)

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:48 PM
My girls tend to excel in the same subjects as me, my boys are the opposite although I can keep up with them.

My husband was a horrible studen and hated school. He's smart though.
drfink
by Emily on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

well of course it comes from mom.....was there REALLY ever any doubt  ; )

if my husband is half as smart as he thinks he is he will agree with me on this ....LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)