Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Just wonderful, not

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:01 PM
  • 3 Replies

So my 19 yo dd went to see her marine boyfriend in Jacksonville FL this weekend.  Wouldn't you know if, her flight was delayed so much she misses her connection in Atlanta.  We used to live there but way north so she will have to spend the night in a hotel and come home tomorrow.  This is the dd that is tiny and looks like she is 13 too.  She is a great traveler and has traveled all over the world with us, but only had 2 flights alone.  They pay for a meal and her hotel room and shuttle back to the airport. 

Come join me at The Duggars Debate, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Her flight today was delayed an hour. Leaving for the airport now. This was the trip from hell.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ForeverLawst
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:19 AM

That's awful. My DH came home from Ottawa (to Tampa) Friday, with 2 connections. The weather was so fouled up that he spent from noon Friday until 2:30am Saturday in airports. He was grumpy all weekend.. and it's still raining here. =/

I was coming home from Toronto on Christmas and there was an airline strike. Flew from Toronto to Philly, got sent back to Toronto (try explaining that to Canada Customs =/) Then had to wait 2 days before I could get a flight home. My boss was not happy. 

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:27 AM

A friend travelling from the mid-west to arizona ran into the same problem. 

Glad she at least didn't have to sleep in the airport, and hope she makes it safely.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN