Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Do you and your kids have plans for the long weekend?

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:30 PM
  • 5 Replies

Do you and your kids have plans for the long weekend?

How do you ususally spend 4th of July? 

by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Our town goes big for the 4th, it still has the old town feel but it's pretty much what we are known for out here. There's a huge parade, tractor pulls, pie eating, chicken runs, us games, rides and a ton of food.

The 3rd is my sons 12th birthday so on Sunday we'll have his party, beyond that I'm hoping for a few peaceful days.
Jessiejack
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:37 PM

We spend the 4th on the beach. We swim and eat. At night they have fire works on a barge right off the beach. Its all done to music and is amazing.

HilbillyMamaof3
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Mine are leaving the state with grandparents. A little sad but happy about the break ;)
02nana07
by Ida on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:17 PM

not really we will probably just cook out and hang out around the house

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Nope.    We used to do a big, neighborhood block party for the 4th.   That stopped several years ago.   We tried going to the beach for a few years....but we can only watch the professional fireworks over the bay, it is illegal to do your own fireworks at the beach.     My sons liked doing their own, so we stayed home and invited friends over for a backyard party.....   as my kids have gotten older, they kind of like to do their own thing with their friends.      We invited Dh's daughter and her family to come down this year for the 4th.....but they don't celebrate holidays due to their religion.    Now, 4th of July is kinda boring.    We will hang out at home, I guess and watch the neighbor kids do fireworks.  :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN