Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Help me decode this text please!

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:19 PM
  • 25 Replies

Hi everyone I have a huge favor to ask you guys. My daughter has been talking to a boy that I had no idea she had been talking to and he sent her this text and I am trying to figure out what this means. Can you help? It said "Ivey irks idkeel" 

by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Never heard of it. It's either a text that got sent accidentally - so like a butt dial- or it's some sort or pig Latin kinda language. What did your daughter respond/say prior with?
ForeverLawst
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I'd have to ask DD, but she's with the Gma this week. The only part I got was the IDK (I don't know) They have taken this stuff much further than my gaming days. =/

SouthernMamaof1
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Try posting this is in the teen mom group.  Maybe someobody there could help. 

GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Ikr is 'I know right' and idk is 'I don't know' maybe the message is jumbled and unseperated on purpose? But like the other poster said - try the teen mom group. And keep us updated!
momof35219
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Do you know the boys name? Looks like Ivey risk I don't know lee.

Quoting butterfly112505:

Hi everyone I have a huge favor to ask you guys. My daughter has been talking to a boy that I had no idea she had been talking to and he sent her this text and I am trying to figure out what this means. Can you help? It said "Ivey irks idkeel" 

momto3boys85
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:37 AM

sounds like a bunch of gibberish.

Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Had my two teen daughters look at it and they don't have a clue either.  Sorry not much help here.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Not sure~ could be a butt dial. I asked my 19 y/o what she thought it might say/mean and she had no idea either.

Is Ivey a name? or it could have been I've with an autocorrect that changed it to Ivey. Irks ~ to bother? idkeel, no idea about this part idk= I don't know but not sure what the eel part is supposed to be.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:24 PM
No idea. My guess would be that auto correct changed something. My 17yo DD has no idea either
drfink
by Emily on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:28 PM

My teens are at camp till Thursday but I couldn't sleep last night sooo I plugged it in several text ,teen abbreviations sites and nothing showed up .

Let us know if you find out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN