Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are your kids adrenaline junkies?

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:25 AM
  • 13 Replies

At Six Flags there is this attraction that you basically lay down in, strap yourself to a harness, raise to the top and just drop. It swings you into the air over the park. It is not a ride, just an attraction and the teens love to do it. I guess it is supposed to simulate flying. I get ill every time I think about my son doing it because in my minds eye, I see the cable snapping or some other awful mishap.

Do your teens like adrenaline inducing activies? Things like parasailing, bungee or cliff jumping or any of those other crazy attractions?

by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brehi
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:15 PM

my kids don't thank God, idk if I could handle it

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Nope

Jessiejack
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:37 PM

My DD did that at Kings Dominion about 4 summers ago. She would have been 11 or close to it. We all love that kind of stuff. The faster, the higher the better. When my DD turns 18 in 3 years we are planning on all going ski diving.

sahlady
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:40 PM

no, thank goodness.  

even if my son was, he cant do anything like that until the dr. oks it.  He had a severely herniated disc that is still mending.

GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Nope thank goodness. All 4 of my children are terrified of anything more than a Ferris wheel.
RShay735
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Yes, two of my boys are adrenaline junkies--but they usually engage in otherwise safe activities. My daughter, on the other hand, is much worse. She gets herself into a lot of trouble.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:23 AM

My dd likes crazy rides at amusement parks like the drop zone but she's not into other adrenaline inducing activities like bungee jumping or parasailing. 

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jul. 4, 2013 at 12:29 PM

No.   My oldest doesn't even particularly like roller coasters!     My youngest is the dare devil, but he doesn't do extreme....anything.  lol.       I would probably like that attraction!  

bexsmum
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:07 PM

2 of my 4 are adrenaline junkies big time. DS number 2 and DD both will try anything once. Love rollar coaster rock climbing glider flying etc. I am assuming they get it from thier father who jumped out of perfectly functioning aircraft when he was in service just because it was fun.

WandaSue
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:36 AM

oh! that sounds fun! my kids love roller coasters and such

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)