Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Independence Day...for the independent

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 12:57 PM
  • 8 Replies

Today is the 4th of July.   A day that used to mean family, friends, BBQ and fireworks.  

Other than the Flag that always hangs out front, I don't have decorations out, which is a first for me.   We have no plans this year.  We didn't even buy fireworks!  Yes, they are legal, here.

Our sons have plans of their own.  I am not liking this "Independence".

Our boys used to love 4th of July!  They would be chomping at the bit for the Block party to start and asking 100 times when they could start the fireworks.

Anyone else missing the old days?

by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jojo_star
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

We aren't doing anything today, DH and the kids will be doing fireworks, but I'm working tonight. We are having a cookout this weekend. 

drfink
by Emily on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:24 AM

Yes ,really feeling it after spending last week with my oldest I am really missing him fresh again...does that make sense ?

02nana07
by Ida on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:13 AM

I have quit decorating because we have neighbors that steal anything you put out to decorate they were arrested and just moved back next door to the house they used to live in.  The landlord knows they are scum and always in trouble but this is the second time the scumlord has rented to them.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:18 AM

No, but I still have young ones, and my older ones know this is like Christmas to me so they still attend some of it, two of them had to work this year, so they just got to spend a little time with us, but they wouldn't think of not sepnding anytime with me/little siblings on the 4th.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Quoting drfink:

Yes ,really feeling it after spending last week with my oldest I am really missing him fresh again...does that make sense ?

Makes perfect sense to me!

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Quoting 02nana07:

I have quit decorating because we have neighbors that steal anything you put out to decorate they were arrested and just moved back next door to the house they used to live in.  The landlord knows they are scum and always in trouble but this is the second time the scumlord has rented to them.

I remember!  I can't believe they are back.  

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Quoting luckysevenwow:

No, but I still have young ones, and my older ones know this is like Christmas to me so they still attend some of it, two of them had to work this year, so they just got to spend a little time with us, but they wouldn't think of not sepnding anytime with me/little siblings on the 4th.

Lucky you!   Mine actually were home for the most part....  but were not interested in doing fireworks, going to the parade or any of the festivities around town.   

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

My kids just really like the 4th out here. It's the only time our town comes alive, with thousands of people, when you consider there is only like 500 people in our town it's a huge deal.

My son works graves and decided to loose sleep just so he could come out for a few hours. Although for him its about all of the food lol

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Lucky you!   Mine actually were home for the most part....  but were not interested in doing fireworks, going to the parade or any of the festivities around town.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN