Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

depressed teen

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:02 PM
  • 9 Replies
Help I cant get my teen out of bed in two days and he unblocked ppl I dont want him talking to off ffacebook, hes calling ppl I dont approve of idk what to do
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this
How old???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RShay735
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Take away his computer, phone, all social media. If he acts up or continues delete his Facebook account. We have trouble with getting our daughter out of bed too. What motivates him? Our daughter struggles with some serious depression, so food and sleep are pretty much the only motivators for her. No breakfast or food until they're up and dressed. I let daughter go to bed early if she's done what we asked throughout the day. More structure has always worked for us.

ochoa.mama
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:36 PM

hes awake only 3hrs out the day...not much to do, he mostly plays his guitar, but checks his stuff & gets disappointed cuz no one calls him

SAMI_JO
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 7:32 AM

How old is he?

holyhoola
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 5:48 PM

I'm not sure what age we are talking about..but our daughter (13) was always sleeping!  We thought she was depressed, just being lazy or going through hormone changes (or was all of the above.) Then we realized she was sneaking out during the night to meet boys!  So I would check that out first.  It's your job to be the protecter, not a friend, so take away whatever you need to..internet..phone...etc.. put your foot down mama!   You arent afraid of him are you? 

HopesNDreams
by Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Change the wifi password.
boonie594
by Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this

My 16 yr old son would only sleep or play video games.  He got into truancy trouble, so now he sees a counselor and a psychiatrist and takes Zoloft.  He is doing great and right now is out looking for a job. Worth checking out the depression angle.

ochoa.mama
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:13 AM

my son just turned 14 in March, ok hes deff depressed, the last time he spend the night @ his bestfriends house, that friend ( whos 2 yrs younger than my son) used my sons phone when he was sleeping and texted my sons GF nasty things, now shes not talking to my son, and my son blocked his friend out....lost 2 ppl he cares about, not just that, my ex of my youngest son, I blacked out of our lives cuz he was sending my oldest inapropriate pictures of my son's 13yr old girlfriend & messages like "FU & die" so since I blocked him, my ex from my kids phone and facebook my son reached out to him few days ago even after I blocked it.... but now hes understanding why I blocked him and that he can goto jail for sending those messages to my kid. 

GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:37 AM
Take his guitar if you have to.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN