Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

WHO IS EASIER TO RAISE BOY/GIRL

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 6:05 AM
  • 29 Replies

I think girls are easy

by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 6:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't know for sure yet since my girls are 13 and 15 and my son is only 6 right now.  As far as his age right now?  He is much easier than my girls were.  He is easy to please, isn't dramatic about things and a lot cheaper too lol.  In all honesty I don't completely buy into one sex being easier or harder to raise.  I think it depends more on the child.

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I dont think its one s4ex easier than another. Personality, age, have a lot to do with it.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:09 AM
5 moms liked this

I think boys are easier in general.   Simply because males are simpler creatures.    Girls tend to be more dramatic and high maintenance.    When girls have a argument, they hold a grudge for days and get all their friends involved.    Boys get mad and forget about it an hour later and are back to being buddies.     With girls, you deal with makeup, body image, PMS, crushes.....     I know my sisters and I were higher maintenance compared to my brothers, lol.            I have only boys, so I can't say for certain.  Dh also has a boy & girl from his first marriage.....so he has 1 girl and 3 boys.   His opinion is that one girl was more difficult than the three boys combined.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:40 AM
2 moms liked this

For me personally my daughter was easier than my son when they were younger.  Now as teens/young adults my son is easier.  I think it is different with every family and every individual child though.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:51 AM

As the mom of 4 girls and 4 boys, neither is easier, different, but no one is easier.

mattsmom14
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:21 PM
I have a son (15)and two step-daughters (17 and 19). The girls were easier when they were little but as teenagers, they are harder! Girls seem to be more expensive and have more drama. Boys are fairly simple creatures.
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 8, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Not sure yet. My dd is 19 and wasn't too difficult. My boys are 11 and 8, hoping they will be pretty easy teens too, lol.

my2kidsmom9498
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Having one of each, I think each person comes with their own list of pluses and challenges.  I don't think that gender has anything to do with it. 

RShay735
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:02 PM

It really depends on the person. Two of my boys were fairly easy, one was more trouble, and my daughter is the most difficult. I don't think gender has much to do with it.

lilia5
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 5:33 PM
I have raised only daughters so I am one sided, but it hasn't been too bad.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)