Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

What would you do?

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:09 PM
  • 26 Replies

Hi Ladies i am pretty new to the group and this is my first post But i have a question. I have a 14 yr old daughter who is receiving Nude pics from her "Boyfriend" on her cell phone. We took away her comp. Tablet and phone and we are no longer letting her talk to this boy. How would you react to your teen daughter getting messages like this?

by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FIREFOX1336
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Go to his parents
momof2girls757
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:14 PM

We did do this and they act like they really dont care

Quoting FIREFOX1336:

Go to his parents

Lorik1969
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:16 PM
I would contact his parents. Kids today just don't realize the permanent damage they can do with this behavior. Sadly, most of them don't understand what the big deal is. It's also a good time to start a conversation with your dd about sex and protection.
mjande4
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Contact the SRO at the school and file charges. 

momof2girls757
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

We did contact the local police department so just waiting to hear back from them after they contact him and his parents.

Quoting mjande4:

Contact the SRO at the school and file charges. 

bizzeemom2717
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:00 PM

I would call his parents. It's illlegal. Also her cell, computer, ect would be gone and she would be grounded.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Well I wouldn't get the law involved. I'd take the phone away and remove it's ability to receive/send media pictures. Most carriers allow this, they can still text, just not get photo's.

Then if she hid it from me, we would have a nice long talk about the legalities of the situation. Then have her give me a report after researching what this could do to her future. 

If she didn't hide it and came to me to help her stop it from happening I would do what I said above, but she wouldn't be in any trouble with me.

Sat3409
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

well if the parents dont care call the cops on the kid, make sure she understands thats wrong... oh maybe pay him a visit yourself nd give him a piece of your mind...

sabrtooth1
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:55 PM

This would never have happened, since our teens were NOT given anything except the most basic phone, for emergencies.  No internet access was allowed except on the desktop at home, and that was password protected.  Plus they were not allowed to have boyfriends till they were 16,maintained good grades, had regular after school jobs, and supported their own wants.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:12 PM
This is why kids don't need cell phones etc. Especially texting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN